NC MX-5 video

Old September 7th 09, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
NetMax

Default NC MX-5 video

On Sep 7, 1:36*pm, XS11E > wrote:
> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
> > Man, don't even think about life with just the jazzy jazz and the
> > vanny van ;-) If you haven't driven the MX5 with the paddle
> > shifters, do not make up your mind yet!

> I have, I can't see any difference in the fun level between the
> automatic Miata and any other automatic vehicle, it just does NOT do it
> for me.
>
> I figure the Miata is just one more thing that time will force me to
> give up, along with my hair, my sex life, sleeping w/o getting up 4 - 5
> times a night to pee and, most important of all, motorcycles.
>
> I could give up all the other crap if I could just ride.... <sigh>

> The Usenet Improvement Project:http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

I was going to suggest he look at the Carver, but they went bankrupt :
(
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/358...eler-orphaned/
.... and I'm posting from Google Groups anyways.

Net

Old September 8th 09, 04:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

I have no idea the extent of your disability but what about the CanAm
Spyder? 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, does 110mph and supports itself when you come
to a stop. It even has a reverse gear! Have you checked it out? Here's a
quick over view;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLSTyvONNc

Chris
99BBB

Old September 8th 09, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> I have no idea the extent of your disability but what about the
> CanAm Spyder? 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, does 110mph and supports itself
> when you come to a stop. It even has a reverse gear! Have you
> checked it out? Here's a quick over view;
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLSTyvONNc

They're interesting but not for me. I think I'd prefer the Miata to a
motorcycle wannabe, at least I have AC for the summer months! <G>

My disability is arthritic degeneration of the lumbar spine and, to a
lesser extent, the cervical spine added to arthritis in my hands, hips,
knees and ankles which all combine to limit my standing to less than 5
minutes and my walking to about 1/2 block before it hurts too much to
continue. It got really painful about 25 years ago and, as arthritis
does, it's progressed since. I had surgery around 10 years back to
relieve pressure on the spinal cord and sciatic nerves which helped but
nothing has helped getting older, I guess that's not curable.

To be able to ride again would mean I'd somehow have to go back to my
60s or even earlier, AFAIK they can't do that yet. I've put in several
calls to Mr. Peabody or his boy, Sherman, asking to use the WayBack
Machine but I haven't heard from them.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old September 10th 09, 12:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Man, I feel for you. Hard for me to comprehend obviously. How about the
paddle shifting Miata? They really have gotten good reviews. And, as far as
being 'drivers' cars, Motor Trend just had a 'best driver's car' shootout
and the test driver was a guy I respect very much. He's an ALMS driver, he
has driven factory Porsche's, Mazda's and many others. He also writes for
the SCCA magazine. Two things stand out; 1) the NC Miata finished 3rd in an
amazing group of cars and 2) the winning car was the Cayman S which has the
Porsche version of a manu-matic type of transmission. Of course it was a
perfect transmission but, point being, he didn't feel it took away from the
driving experience enough to knock this wonderful handling car out of the
top spot. I'm with you, that I prefer to shift but I'd rather paddle shift
than give up the pure joy our little roadsters provide us! No question about
that!

Chris
99BBB

Old September 10th 09, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Man, I feel for you. Hard for me to comprehend obviously. How
> about the paddle shifting Miata?

Didn't like it at all, I'll just go Miataless. I really like the NA
better than the later ones but I don't think I'd like an auto... sorta
like having a girl friend who undresses herself, takes 1/2 the fun out
of it! <G>

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old September 11th 09, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Sorry but I think you'll find that doing w/o a manual tranny might be like
having a girlfrienf who undresses herself but, doing w/o a miata will be
like doing w/o a girlfriend! It's allot worse and I don't want to say what
it'll make you do TO YOURSELF ;-)

Stick with the girlfriend (and the Miata!). You'll regret it otherwise!

cd
99BBB

Bus Video vwluvrs VW air cooled 2 January 30th 08 03:06 AM
Biggest worldwide free Entertainment multi language Video web , Travel, Sports, Health , Racing cars , Massages techniques, Games , Fashions, Jokes , Top models , Free online IT learning , 5000 links, 250 free online TV , 50000 music video, n [email protected] Technology 0 August 22nd 07 07:59 PM
Z4 video Rex B[_1_] BMW 0 August 14th 06 03:23 PM
Video producer seeking expert for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:37 PM