Paying for new parts that aren't used

Old April 4th 04, 03:11 AM
Refinish King

Just for your edification:

A compression test and leakdown test, shouldn't take anymore than half an
hour. Once the plugs are removed. Furthermore, a good technician can read
the plug's condition and stop right after tremoving then, and tell the
customer what he suspects.

The way I run my business is: if it's a regular customer, and I suspect it
needs a leakdown and compression test, rather than tarnish my good
reputation. I do it gratis, and don't install any unnecessary parts. Save
myself the unecessary **** on my face, and keep a regular customer, because
I'll even go as far as look in my crash estimating software, and appraise
the car for them.

Give them an educated opinion if it is even worth doing the repair or not.
all FREE!

But because of my reputation, if a person whom I have never seen comes in
for my diagnostic abilaties, I explain up front:

1: Diagnostic time is not free!

2: In this case it might only require a tune-up, but I don't just change
parts, I maintain records on the cars I service. Which I can referr to when
a problem arises.

3: If infact it only needs a tune-up, there will be no charge for the
compression and leak down test!

So please don't classify me with the dollar chasing mass merchandisers, or
the shops that want to pay the mortgage on one job, and make a killing for
the rest of the month. Homey don't play that.

Refinish King

Old April 4th 04, 03:16 AM
Refinish King

Since you are such an expert?

When you removed that plug, before grounding it. Couldn't you look at it and
tell why it wasn't firing under compression?

Funny concept, but I'm sure way above your level of expertism!

ASSHOLE!

Refinish King

PS

Do you even have any concept on how to read a scope, do you even know how to
hook one up?

Can you tell no compression from the afterburn, can you tell what the burn
time is used for?

All wasted words on a Frenchman!

Old April 4th 04, 03:17 AM
Joey Tribiani

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:01:07 -0500, "Refinish King"
> ran around screaming and
yelling:

>Are you a technician, or someone who hung on daddies dick, when he changed
>the oil and greased your ass?

well i am obviously more of a "Technician" than you are...i have
forgotten more about internal combustion engines than you will ever
know...

>If it had a miss, and anyone that knows what they are doing, can look at a
>plug (This is called a plug reading) little girl! Can tell by the condition
>of the plug that there was a miss by a lack of spark, or a lack of
>compression.

must be hard to see through your belly button...you can NOT eliminate
a bad plug by looking at it...some you can, but not always...you have
much to learn grasshopper....

>If it takes you 5 hours to do a compression test and a leakdown test, I
>think the severe childhood trauma rehabilititation program you were in,
>released you way too soon.

did i say it took me five hours to do a compression test and a
leakdown? didn't think so...maybe you should work on those reading
comprehension skills after mechanic school each day...

>Carefully asses someone's post before you call
>them arrogant, I'm not Frence you flatulating sphincter.

Once again, read what i write...where did i call you arrogant? you are
losing credibility here...(as if you had any to start with)...you need
to "carefully" read, then re-read, them maybe have someone explain the
words to you so you can understand....

>Also, it would serve you well to not pick at typos, because it shows the
>mental midget creton you are. Because when you make them. Someone might
>decide to point them out to you, unless you take the time to spell check
>each post before posting it.

i did not "pick" at typo-s....i quoted you...you are a bright one
there beavis...if i was to turn "grammar nazi" on you i would damn
sure bust your balls for that abortion of the english language right
there...you are a moron and it shows...

>Unless daddy is still greasing you and behind
>you porking you and checking your spelling?
>
>Refinish King

sorry didn't mean to hurt your feelings and bring up the memories you
have been repressing all your life...but its not like i give a
****..."refinish king"...kinda scarey....hope you refinish better than
you read and comprehend..."mental midget creton"...what a hoot...
Old April 4th 04, 03:24 AM
Joey Tribiani

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:06:36 -0500, "NoSpam" > ran
around screaming and yelling:

>I guess that you moved out of your glass house then! You told me not long
>ago my grammar was terrible. I guess that's because you couldn't pick at my
>facts of the post I had made.
>Practice what you preach, or better yet quit preaching and spewing
>obscenities at everyone.
>Grow up.
>
>nospam

this "refinish queen" is an amateur....amateur hackjob, um i mean
mechanic, and amateur troll...if there were three of him added
together it wouldn't amount to half a handjob...
JT
Old April 4th 04, 03:29 AM
Joey Tribiani

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:11:35 -0500, "Refinish King"
> ran around screaming and
yelling:

>The way I run my business is: if it's a regular customer, and I suspect it
>needs a leakdown and compression test, rather than tarnish my good
>reputation. I do it gratis, and don't install any unnecessary parts. Save
>myself the unecessary **** on my face, and keep a regular customer, because
>I'll even go as far as look in my crash estimating software, and appraise
>the car for them.

seems to me someone as "smart" as you about your business would
realize that not every situation requires a compression test and
leakdown test...it is un-necessary in most cases when a vehicle is
brought into a shop...a good mechanic also keeps know good test pieces
so they don't have to guess or do un-necessary tests(even "gratis" it
cost shoptime which is money...time is money or there would be no
hourly rate)....it is just plain rediculous to even suggest going to
internal tests before eliminating the exterior possibilities...there
are more places to have problems in the secondary ignition system than
inside the cylinder/combustion chamber...
JT
Old April 4th 04, 03:33 AM
Joey Tribiani

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:16:59 -0500, "Refinish King"
> ran around screaming and
yelling:

>Since you are such an expert?
>
>When you removed that plug, before grounding it. Couldn't you look at it and
>tell why it wasn't firing under compression?
>
>Funny concept, but I'm sure way above your level of expertism!
>
>ASSHOLE!
>
>Refinish King
>
>PS
>
>Do you even have any concept on how to read a scope, do you even know how to
>hook one up?
>
>Can you tell no compression from the afterburn, can you tell what the burn
>time is used for?
>
>All wasted words on a Frenchman!

i have a hard time believing that you can even touch your ass twice in
the same place....i grew up in autoshops, bodyshops, and
machineshops...i have been into mechanics ever since...you are an
amateur and a moron...you know just about enough to show your
stupidity...i do detect a bit of hate toward "frenchman", did one of
them molest you as a child, or just break up with you and make you
lonely?

JT(who knows that a plug can go bad and does not LOOK bad, but will
not fire under compression...so looking at the plug will NOT always
tell you "why" it's not firing undercompression...please forward the
money for the lessons to my accountant...thanks)
Old April 4th 04, 04:23 AM
Refinish King

You learn to make sense!

Then you can knock at my door.

You're still an idiot that will fight a lost argument till your beat into
the concrete, and many others agree with me on this.

You haven't a clue, but are merely a parrot for what you read on usenet. I
learned by experience, training and many seminars.

Where is yor cirriculum vittae?

Refinish King

Old April 4th 04, 04:26 AM
Refinish King

An ameteur that tests before ****ing away other people's money on parts?

Interesting?

Sounds like the three O'click bell kid, get home before mommy thinks
something happened to you!

Refinish King

Old April 4th 04, 04:29 AM
Refinish King

Which sometimes requires hooking up the scope:

Can you read a rotor gap?

Can you read a wire resistance on a scope?

Can you do anything with a scope other than look at it and say: "WOW"

Refinish King

Old April 4th 04, 04:33 AM
Refinish King

Be a mechanic for a major drag racer for six years:

Then tell me what you know?

As far as the french, they dare call the Americans arrogant?

What a laugh, turncoat *******s.

Refinish King