Do you know what an EDR is?

Old April 12th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

Default Do you know what an EDR is?

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 19:28:08 -0400, "dwight" >
> wrote:
>
>>How about this? Name ONE of your precious rights that is free and clear of
>>any legislation, rule, regulation, or abridgement.
>>
>>Hah! Got ya.
>>

> No you don't. I have said all along that it's understood that some
> housekeeping rules are needed so exercising our rights doesn't result
> in chaos. Why won't you answer the simple question - which I will
> repeat below...
>
> Now, how about for once telling us what you view as your relationship
> to your gvt. In particular your reaction to the gvt just up and
> deciding one day out of the blue that it was tired of all these
> personal vehicles cluttering up the streets and said NO MORE DRIVING
> by anyone except police and some other specifically designated gvt
> agents. Since you keep saying driving is a privilege, I'd like to
> see a clear statement from you that should that scenario ever happen
> you would be cool with it because, as you have said, YOU have no right
> to drive.

What kind of crap is this? You're going to grill me on hypotheticals?

Hey, what if the Pope decreed tonight that the whole world had to be
Catholics? How would that make you feel?

I have enough problems with what IS, let alone what IFs.

dwight

Old April 13th 07, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 07:24:32 -0400, "dwight" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> No you don't. I have said all along that it's understood that some
>>> housekeeping rules are needed so exercising our rights doesn't result
>>> in chaos. Why won't you answer the simple question - which I will
>>> repeat below...
>>>
>>> Now, how about for once telling us what you view as your relationship
>>> to your gvt. In particular your reaction to the gvt just up and
>>> deciding one day out of the blue that it was tired of all these
>>> personal vehicles cluttering up the streets and said NO MORE DRIVING
>>> by anyone except police and some other specifically designated gvt
>>> agents. Since you keep saying driving is a privilege, I'd like to
>>> see a clear statement from you that should that scenario ever happen
>>> you would be cool with it because, as you have said, YOU have no right
>>> to drive.

>>What kind of crap is this? You're going to grill me on hypotheticals?
>>

> It would explore the depth to which you actually believe driving is
> merely a privilege. Why are you afraid to answer it? If, as you have
> said, you believe driving is merely a privilege, they you would not
> object to having that privilege arbitrarily taken away. Yet you will
> not say so. So if you DO object, how do you explain your objection to
> the loss of something you have no RIGHT to?

This is really getting boring. Driving is a privilege. Period. Read all you
want into that statement, take your conspiracy theory as far as it will go,
and driving will still be a privilege.

>>Hey, what if the Pope decreed tonight that the whole world had to be
>>Catholics? How would that make you feel?
>>

> I wouldn't care because the pope has no power insofar as my right to
> be any particular religion. You claim the state does have the right
> to control your basic right to drive. So it's not the same thing at
> all.
>
> It seems to me that you wish to have it both ways, you want to tell
> others that they only have a privilege to drive, yet when you are
> asked if you would have any objection if the state arbitrarily took
> away your privilege you lose your voice on the subject.

Again, let me be very clear: driving is a privilege. Who controls the
privilege? The state. Now, if you want to sit and fantasize about just how
far the state could push that privilege, knock yourself out.

But remember when the state decided that alcohol could be regulated out of
existence?

>>I have enough problems with what IS, let alone what IFs.

> That's a sure recipe for serfdom.

That makes no sense whatsoever. You were probably just desperate to work the
word "serfdom" in there somewhere. You haven't used it in the last post or
two and it was overdue.

dwight

Old April 14th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Hairy

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On 6 Apr 2007 00:13:02 -0700, "84_mustang_5.0"
> > wrote:
>
>>The EDR keeps track of everything you do legal or illegal. If you all
>>are so worried about getting caught for driving illegally don't do it?
>>When you drive down the road you risk running into speed traps or
>>getting caught on cameras. If this "black box" makes you so worried
>>about getting caught then its the slow lane for you. If you speed and
>>are worried about getting into an accident, maybe you should think
>>about what you are doing instead of the other retards on the road. As
>>long as this black box is only used when I'm in an accident, then I'm
>>not worried. Now if it's gonna send in data every time I speed that's
>>gonna suck. But mainly if you are worried about your data you should
>>either grow a pair and be ready for the consequences or drive
>>legally.
>>Now I do realize that some people can't drive over 30 without crashing
>>but what about all of us who live on an old county blacktop that like
>>to open her up every once in a while? I've done my share of speeding
>>and drag racing and the 2 times my car got hit it was parked. So as
>>long as these black boxes are only used in the event of an accident I
>>have no problem, but if they are gonna send in data continuously I'm
>>gonna stick with older cars, they are better anyway!

> I'm amazed you all think the black box is going to be infallible at
> determining your innocence. So if you elect to accelerate "out of
> trouble" as many in these newsgroups do, your black box is going to
> show how you maliciously and purposely accelerated right into the side
> of the innocent guy turning left.

You make no sense.
If you "accelerate out of trouble", then you won't have a problem since no
one will see your black box.
However, if you "purposely accelerated right into the side of the innocent
guy turning left", they should hang your ass, black box or not.

Old April 14th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message

> And the reason the state gets away with regulating alcohol out of
> existence is because of people like you who abdicate their rights
> because they believe the lie that they are mere privileges doled out
> to them by the state. Unfortunately, those who believe otherwise tend
> to be in a minority and get screwed by those who snivel and grovel
> under the state's heel. At least you can count yourself in the
> majority, the group who hold so little regard for their rights that
> they no longer even claim to have any.

Driving is a priviliege.

Driving was a privilege before I was born.

It's not my fault that driving is a privilege.

dwight