passat bluetooth

Old December 12th 10, 11:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
nemo

Default passat bluetooth

I have a 2009 Passat it has the phone button on steering wheel and the
radio appears to have BT setup on off etc
what do I need to get Bluetooth for my phone etc. is there a box I need to
have fitted somewhere.

thanks in advance

Old December 13th 10, 01:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Toby Ponsenby

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:26:53 -0000, nemo
postulated:

> I have a 2009 Passat it has the phone button on steering wheel and the
> radio appears to have BT setup on off etc
> what do I need to get Bluetooth for my phone etc. is there a box I need to
> have fitted somewhere.
>
> thanks in advance

umm... You need a phone with bluetooth already on
the thing. Or in it, actually. Check your phone
specs at the manufacturers website.
If you're intending to get your paws on a
bluetooth phone so you can use your opposable
thumb(s) in the casr to make phone calls, the
higher the number of the Bluetooth "Marque" the
better, BTW, since the feature set of the
bluetooth you probably need is "Handsfree", rather
than "Headset"..
Old December 13th 10, 01:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Stuart H.[_3_]

On 2010-12-13 6:26 AM, Toby Ponsenby wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:26:53 -0000, nemo
> postulated:
>
>> I have a 2009 Passat it has the phone button on steering wheel and the
>> radio appears to have BT setup on off etc
>> what do I need to get Bluetooth for my phone etc. is there a box I need to
>> have fitted somewhere.
>>
>> thanks in advance

> umm... You need a phone with bluetooth already on
> the thing. Or in it, actually. Check your phone
> specs at the manufacturers website.
> If you're intending to get your paws on a
> bluetooth phone so you can use your opposable
> thumb(s) in the casr to make phone calls, the
> higher the number of the Bluetooth "Marque" the
> better, BTW, since the feature set of the
> bluetooth you probably need is "Handsfree", rather
> than "Headset"..

If it is similar to my 2009 Tiguan, the dealer must install the
necessary parts. The vehicle comes "prewired" for handsfree bluetooth
operation but not with the necessary parts! The cost is astronomical
(and disappointing), so I bought a small handsfree that clips on the
sunvisor.

Stuart H.
Old December 13th 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
LM[_3_]

some passats come with bluetooth installed. check your window sticker to
see.

Bluetooth Marissa BMW 3 December 28th 06 04:08 PM
Bluetooth [email protected] BMW 3 March 26th 06 06:33 PM
Bluetooth Help Preet Patel BMW 0 December 30th 05 08:04 PM
Bluetooth John E Yurkon BMW 8 December 30th 04 03:48 PM
BLUETOOTH- need help Bill Stahl BMW 0 November 15th 04 03:03 AM