Is this the end? OTM question

Old September 23rd 09, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Is this the end? OTM question

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Glad it looks 'do-able'! $100 to get back to a running vehicle is sweet
> compared to where you feared, that's for sure. Sometimes good things do
> happen ;-)
>
> Update us; apparently there's NOTHING Miata related happening on the
> planet ;-(
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

Well, that not feeling so good led to "please just shoot me and put me
out of my misery", AGAIN.
Finally back on my feet and will attempt the repair today, it does not
look too difficult.

Thanks again for the help, once this is fixed it is finally time to get
the red turbo Miata fully functional.

New tires, front brakes, top, inspection and registration and I should
be good to go.

I already have a good top mounted on the frame, so the hardest, (and
probably the most expensive), part of all of that is already done. I am
going to put some super-sticky tires on the 16X7 SSR Comps, not sure
which type yet.

The Michelon Pilots are pretty nice looking and a mere $150.00 each. :-)

It looks like somewhere between $800.00 and $1000.00 total should have
the Miata running nicely again, and the good Texas weather is finally
here to drive it in.
With 67 days of 100+ degree weather this summer, I was not in a big
hurry to get it back on the road before.

Much less brutal to drive an "OTM, point A to B car", with a nicely
working A/C.
If I can keep the OTM, I may actually keep the Miata too.

The OTM is a 1995 Honda Accord with only 77,000, well-serviced miles on
it, and it gets 33+ mpg on the highway.
The car almost feels new, and it is pretty small which I like,
definitely smaller than the current models.
I just put some Pirelli P5's on it about 2 months ago, and they perform
very nicely for all-seasons.

It's a slush-box, but hey, it's white, which helps make up for it. ;-)

Pat