Stated/agreed value collision insurance for a daily driver collector car?

Old April 19th 04, 12:28 AM
Stephen Gorrell

Default Stated/agreed value collision insurance for a daily driver collector car?

I plan to drive my 69 Jag E-Type back and forth to work, to the store, etc.,
but most collector car insurance doesn't cover that. Regular car insurance,
if available at all, would only cover depreciated value which makes it
worthless. Any suggestions on a source?

--Steve

Old April 19th 04, 02:35 AM
J. Dan Jones

Try State Farm for a driver collectible insurance. no mileage limits and as
long as its legally registered and inspected its good to go. They use an
underwriter and have 'Stated Value' minus depreciation. Then get it
appraised regularly and be prepared. Unless he has a $75,000 over restored
Jag he shouldn't have much problems. If he doesn't exceed the 5,000
mile/year limits on the specialty Collectors insurance (Grundy, Haggerty
etc.) he shouldn't have any problem. If he is looking for someone to insure
a daily driver for $75,000 all I can say is good luck. That and don't drive
it so much and get a Collectors insurance. Street Rodders don't have much
problems insuring $75,00 street rods and some of them drive in excess of
25,000 miles a year.
-Dan

. com...

Old April 20th 04, 06:30 AM