BMW Car Club of America and Roundel Magazine

Old November 9th 05, 01:43 AM
GLitwinski

Default BMW Car Club of America and Roundel Magazine

If you own a BMW or ever think you may ever buy one, you should get yourself
a membership in the BMW Car Club of America. There are several benefits, but
the best part is that you get a subscription to the club magazine, The
Roundel. This has to be the best, highest quality car club magazine in
existence. Production quality is as good as Road and Track or Car & Driver
with great feature stories, a big letters section and a big technical Q/A
column written by a BMW mechanic who is not shy about telling you when BMW
does something wrong in the design of their cars. For example, recent issue
had a person asking if he should keep a high miles E36 or trade on an E46.
The technical editor provided a long list of screw-ups BMW made in the
design/manufacture of the E36 and said he would not own one for that reason.
(E46's are better.)

You have to love a single-manqué club magazine that is not afraid to skewer
their object of affection when it deserves it (and judging by some of the
letters Roundel gets, BMW deserves it a lot).

Just join, it's well worth it. You even get a fat discount on BMW's after
being in a year.

- nopcbs

Old November 9th 05, 05:28 AM
pltrgyst

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 17:43:34 -0800, "GLitwinski" >
wrote:

>If you own a BMW or ever think you may ever buy one, you should get yourself
>a membership in the BMW Car Club of America. There are several benefits, but
>the best part is that you get a subscription to the club magazine, The
>Roundel. This has to be the best, highest quality car club magazine in
>existence.

What? No mention of the immortal Satch Carlson? 8

-- Larry

Old November 9th 05, 04:46 PM
John Burns

> You have to love a single-manqué club magazine that is not afraid to skewer
> their object of affection when it deserves it (and judging by some of the
> letters Roundel gets, BMW deserves it a lot).

Roudel is excellent, I'm in Scotland and I'm a CCA member just to get
the magazine!

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
Old November 9th 05, 08:01 PM
Tom K.

"John Burns" > wrote in message
>> You have to love a single-manqué club magazine that is not afraid to
>> skewer
>> their object of affection when it deserves it (and judging by some of the
>> letters Roundel gets, BMW deserves it a lot).

> Roudel is excellent, I'm in Scotland and I'm a CCA member just to get
> the magazine!

BMWCCA Dues = $35.00

Savings on 4 winter tires recently purchased at a local tire store = $50.00
BMW rebate (for club members) on new 2003 Z4 = $500.00
Parts discount at my local BMW dealer = 10%

Plus as others have said, Roundel is more than worth the dues by itself.

Tom

Old November 12th 05, 12:13 AM
Tom

GLitwinski wrote:

> If you own a BMW or ever think you may ever buy one, you should get yourself
> a membership in the BMW Car Club of America. There are several benefits, but
> the best part is that you get a subscription to the club magazine, The
> Roundel. This has to be the best, highest quality car club magazine in
> existence. Production quality is as good as Road and Track or Car & Driver
> with great feature stories, a big letters section and a big technical Q/A
> column written by a BMW mechanic who is not shy about telling you when BMW
> does something wrong in the design of their cars. For example, recent issue
> had a person asking if he should keep a high miles E36 or trade on an E46.
> The technical editor provided a long list of screw-ups BMW made in the
> design/manufacture of the E36 and said he would not own one for that reason.
> (E46's are better.)
>
> You have to love a single-manqué club magazine that is not afraid to skewer
> their object of affection when it deserves it (and judging by some of the
> letters Roundel gets, BMW deserves it a lot).
>
> Just join, it's well worth it. You even get a fat discount on BMW's after
> being in a year.
>
> - nopcbs

I agree 100%.....if you own a BMW and spend money on parts, labor and
maintenance (which we all do), that $40 in annual dues is paid back very
quickly by all of the discounts that BMW vendors give you. For no other
reason than the discounts, everyone should join.

Check out the information about BMWCCA's Gateway Tech happening in March
of 2006 in St. Louis.

http://www.bmwcca.org

Tom Allen
President
St. Louis BMW Club
Old November 15th 05, 08:42 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Ted Johnson wrote:
>>>If you own a BMW or ever think you may ever buy one, you should get yourself
>>>a membership in the BMW Car Club of America. There are several benefits,

> Anyone know when they're going to announce the raffle results?
> It ended last month (IIRC).
>
> -Ted

They already called all the winners, Ted.

No - Just kidding. I don't know when...

--
-Fred W
Old November 15th 05, 08:57 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Old November 16th 05, 03:25 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Malt_Hound > wrote:

>> Anyone know when they're going to announce the raffle results?
>> It ended last month (IIRC).
>>
>> -Ted

> They already called all the winners, Ted.
>

> No - Just kidding. I don't know when...

Latest Roundel has the winner's names....
Old November 16th 05, 03:43 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

"Ted Johnson" > wrote in message

>>> If you own a BMW or ever think you may ever buy one, you should get
>>> yourself
>>> a membership in the BMW Car Club of America. There are several benefits,

> Anyone know when they're going to announce the raffle results?
> It ended last month (IIRC).
>
> -Ted

They're all posted on the CCA website....

http://www.bmwcca.org/members/AM/Tem...Raffle_Winners

Kyle.
98 740iL
01 525i

Old November 18th 05, 06:05 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

The tech editor is opinionated and tends to present anecdotal stuff as
hard facts.
He does have a lot of knowledge, but loses credibility with his sweeping
generalizations.
I'm also tired of his explaining that he doesn't have access to BMW
TSR's anymore the subscription costs a loot of $$. Hell, look at the
financials of BMWCCA, and ask yourself why they don't buy a subscription
to the damn things.