rFactor Single Player......

Old September 6th 05, 05:02 PM
d.lee

Default rFactor Single Player......

Hi all,
Thinking of gitting this sim, can you play as single player, is there an
option to do this, as I am not interested in online play.....
Cheers
leesee

Old September 6th 05, 05:10 PM
whooo

d.lee wrote:
> Hi all,
> Thinking of gitting this sim, can you play as single player, is there an
> option to do this, as I am not interested in online play.....
> Cheers
> leesee

Yes, you can play off-line. Make sure you follow the advice for fixing
the A.I. posted on RSC:

http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=799
Old September 6th 05, 05:11 PM
Steve Whitty

"d.lee" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
> Thinking of gitting this sim, can you play as single player, is there an
> option to do this, as I am not interested in online play.....
> Cheers
> leesee

Yes, it has the single player side of it. Just be sure to read through this
ng or over at RSC if, after you purchase, you have issues with the ai.
ignore the very negative/flame posts at rsc.there are some constructive
comments, but there are about 10 persistant trolls hell bent on making it
known they don't like the sim, and want everyone else to hate it too.

cheers
steve

Old September 6th 05, 05:36 PM
Mitch_A

Can someone post the AI fix here? I sure dont want to go through all the
nonsense on RSC looking.

Mitch

"Steve Whitty" > wrote in > ng or over at RSC if, after

Old September 6th 05, 05:45 PM
Chad Rogers

Mitch,

First set the ai aggression to 0 and then there is one other line that needs
to be modified that has the ai run more consistent laps. Has made a big
difference and helps the ai from bunching up.

Chad

news

Old September 6th 05, 06:27 PM
Tony Rickard

Mitch_A wrote:
> Can someone post the AI fix here? I sure dont want to go through all the
> nonsense on RSC looking.

“Hi, I'm Mike Z, the ai programmer for rFactor. Just wanted to drop in,
and let you all know I am reading the boards, even if I don't respond
everyday. Looks like a couple of bugs, combined with my attempt to make
like-model races more competitive is resulting in a little more contact
that I intended. Here's a couple of things you can do to cut down on the
amount of bad touching:

race against cars of the same upgrade level as you. There's a bug right
now were if a car can out accelerate you, he may initiate a pass at
inappropriate times. Once a pass is initiated, he may find himself out
of control, out of road, or both and that could often result in rear
ending you.

Find a skill level of ai that you are competitive against and race
against that skill level. We all have seen the havoc that can happen on
a racetrack when somebody brakes early while travelling at the speeds
these cars travel at. Not only do reaction times come into effect, but
often times, a car is already at the very limit of what his tires can
take, and any unexpected jerking is liable to send him skidding.

It doesn't hurt to play with the AI aggression at 0%. Among other
things, it slightly increases the default follow distance and passing
leeway.

Somebody complained about unnatural bunching up of cars. There is a
player file variable

AI Limiter="1.00000"

set that to

AI Limiter="0.0000"

that will prevent cars from going through various up and down cycles
(good laps and bad laps) during a race, make every driver more
consistent according to his skill level, and hopefully spread the field
out a little more.

In the mean time, I'll continue to look into the problems. Please post
replays or video files of suspect behaviour. Yes there are bugs, but I
find most of the time I get hit, it's because I did something wrong.”
Old September 6th 05, 08:44 PM
Alan Bernardo

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
.uk...
> Mitch_A wrote:
>> Can someone post the AI fix here? I sure dont want to go through all the
>> nonsense on RSC looking.

> “Hi, I'm Mike Z, the ai programmer for rFactor. Just wanted to drop in,
> and let you all know I am reading the boards, even if I don't respond
> everyday. Looks like a couple of bugs, combined with my attempt to make
> like-model races more competitive is resulting in a little more contact
> that I intended. Here's a couple of things you can do to cut down on the
> amount of bad touching:
>
> race against cars of the same upgrade level as you. There's a bug right
> now were if a car can out accelerate you, he may initiate a pass at
> inappropriate times. Once a pass is initiated, he may find himself out of
> control, out of road, or both and that could often result in rear ending
> you.
>
> Find a skill level of ai that you are competitive against and race against
> that skill level. We all have seen the havoc that can happen on a
> racetrack when somebody brakes early while travelling at the speeds these
> cars travel at. Not only do reaction times come into effect, but often
> times, a car is already at the very limit of what his tires can take, and
> any unexpected jerking is liable to send him skidding.
>
> It doesn't hurt to play with the AI aggression at 0%. Among other things,
> it slightly increases the default follow distance and passing leeway.
>
> Somebody complained about unnatural bunching up of cars. There is a player
> file variable
>
> AI Limiter="1.00000"
>
> set that to
>
> AI Limiter="0.0000"
>
> that will prevent cars from going through various up and down cycles (good
> laps and bad laps) during a race, make every driver more consistent
> according to his skill level, and hopefully spread the field out a little
> more.
>
> In the mean time, I'll continue to look into the problems. Please post
> replays or video files of suspect behaviour. Yes there are bugs, but I
> find most of the time I get hit, it's because I did something wrong.”

This is always nice to see, someone vitally connected with a game dropping
in and giving suggestions and hope.

Alanb

Old September 7th 05, 06:07 PM
Larry

It's there.

Just wear Iron underwear. The AI is brutal.

-Larry

Old September 7th 05, 08:36 PM
Mitch_A

I applied a fix from ISI to your player file that made quite a difference.
They are still kamikaze trying to block ya but it is a bit better.

Look for AI Limiter and change it from 1.0000 to 0.0000. Id guess there is
much more we can do but this helps for now. At least they dont bunch up
quite so much.

Mitch

Old September 8th 05, 03:54 PM
Larry