Collector Insurance?

Old April 25th 08, 06:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Default Collector Insurance?

Hey guys is there a group consensus on which company
to get "Collector Car Insurance"? i.e like Haggerty or Grundy, etc.?

I want to move my '94 6sp Ragtop from USAA.

And if I remember correct there is a specific caveat I need to
be sure of. Some special wording on the "Agreed Value" section,
if I'm not mistaken.

It hasn't been my daily driver for a couple of years (very little
mileage per year),
garage kept and I need to get it off USAA's Policy for the cost per/mile
driven.
Plus the replacement value USAA would settle on if it got totaled at
it's current age.

Thanks!

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson
Old April 25th 08, 06:37 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Ric Seyler" > wrote in message
> Hey guys is there a group consensus on which company
> to get "Collector Car Insurance"? i.e like Haggerty or Grundy, etc.?
>
> I want to move my '94 6sp Ragtop from USAA.
>
> And if I remember correct there is a specific caveat I need to
> be sure of. Some special wording on the "Agreed Value" section,
> if I'm not mistaken.
>
> It hasn't been my daily driver for a couple of years (very little
> mileage per year),
> garage kept and I need to get it off USAA's Policy for the cost
> per/mile driven.
> Plus the replacement value USAA would settle on if it got totaled at
> it's current age.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Ric Seyler

I use http://www.americancollectors.com/ with out a problem and at a
lower cost than some of the other names. I've not had a claim so it
has yet to prove itself in that manner. My polices are for stated
value which also determines your premium, of course. Note that they
will increase your policy if the trend for you car is appreciating.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old April 26th 08, 06:30 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Another issue is liability if you really screw someone up. Nobody talks
about this fact, only how well / quickly they fix your car.

Get a $1,000,000 lawsuit against you and you may not be worrying too much
about your car.

Will Americas Collector cover you that well in a $1 Mil lawsuit? You might
ask them

Get a $1 Mil umbrella policy with a $100,000 deductible via a regular
insurance company (state farm) and these collector car companies may be all
right.

I have collectors insurance through state farm and they go stated value on a
price you justify before you get the policy. I have one for $40,000 stated
value on my 64 that costs me $144 twice a year. I also know I have
liability up to $2 million with my umbrella policy through them.

I had that same company insure my 69 L71 when I crashed it in '96. It was
insured for $23,000 and the company spent about $13,000 to get it repaired.
Wasn't any sweat, at least the insurance company part. Getting it repaired
correctly and in a timely matter is another story.

Vito

.. .

Old April 26th 08, 07:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.[_2_]

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:37:00 -0400, "Dad" > wrote:

>"Ric Seyler" > wrote in message
>> Hey guys is there a group consensus on which company
>> to get "Collector Car Insurance"? i.e like Haggerty or Grundy, etc.?
>>
>> I want to move my '94 6sp Ragtop from USAA.
>>
>> And if I remember correct there is a specific caveat I need to
>> be sure of. Some special wording on the "Agreed Value" section,
>> if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>> It hasn't been my daily driver for a couple of years (very little
>> mileage per year),
>> garage kept and I need to get it off USAA's Policy for the cost
>> per/mile driven.
>> Plus the replacement value USAA would settle on if it got totaled at
>> it's current age.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Ric Seyler

>I use http://www.americancollectors.com/ with out a problem and at a
>lower cost than some of the other names. I've not had a claim so it
>has yet to prove itself in that manner. My polices are for stated
>value which also determines your premium, of course. Note that they
>will increase your policy if the trend for you car is appreciating.

Rick:
I too use American Collectors BUT unlike Dad I have had a claim...!!!
The only problem I had with the claim was waiting 3 days for their
adjuster to see the car.. They do not use everyday run of the mill
adjusters they use car guys ..(mine was of all things into Mopars) but
all my concerns were put to rest ..The adjuster explained everything
to me explained that for collector cars they will only use correct
parts, explained what parts are covered in full (I ripped the oil pan
on my car..it was covered in full as it is not a replacement part..but
I also destroyed my entire exhause system (after market) since exhaust
systems are replacable they will deduct 10 percent ..only cover 90
percent of the total replacement afte one year ..and will not cover
it at all if the system is 11 years old since it needs replacement
anyway... Shop where I had the car repaired had absolutely no problem
fixing it correctly, The body shop never had any problems dealing with
the adjuster ..none ! My Rates have NOT gone up a single penny in the
10 years or so since the accident...BUT like Dad mentioned the agree
upon value (and thus rates) creap up every year ..I pay my insurance
in Novevember..and February the agree value jumps about 1-2% and in
May it will jump another 1-2 percent and then August yet another 1-2
percent BUT the premium (yearly) does not change...Next November
however I will see that my agree upon value is 4-6% higher then the
years before and my total bill is also slightly higher...

I Insure 5 Corvettes with them.. and used to insure my 68 Chevelle
with them on the same policy when I had it... Its cheaper to do
multiple cars then indivually if you have more then 3 insured..

The actual Insurance company is American Bankers Ins of Florida
BTW... American collectors is the broker...

One more thing...the newer you car is the more expensive it is to
insure...My total bill for all 5 Corvettes is just under $1,000 for
the entire year .. the price for the 98 ALONE is close to $400 the
rest all come in about $150 each some less some more

Bob G.
64 72 & 98 Ragtops
76 & 79 Coupes

Old May 5th 08, 08:36 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Ric Seyler wrote:

> Hey guys is there a group consensus on which company
> to get "Collector Car Insurance"? i.e like Haggerty or Grundy, etc.?
>
> I want to move my '94 6sp Ragtop from USAA.
>
> And if I remember correct there is a specific caveat I need to
> be sure of. Some special wording on the "Agreed Value" section,
> if I'm not mistaken.
>
> It hasn't been my daily driver for a couple of years (very little
> mileage per year),
> garage kept and I need to get it off USAA's Policy for the cost
> per/mile driven.
> Plus the replacement value USAA would settle on if it got totaled at
> it's current age.
>
> Thanks!

Thanks guys!!