3 strikes your............OUT

Old September 7th 05, 07:45 PM
Larry

If I may...

All of these references to posts in RSC are starting to annoy me.

We need to start posting info HERE!

It's why I come HERE

I have no desires to go to a web-based BBS when we have speed HERE

-Larry

oups.com...

Old September 8th 05, 12:47 AM
Dave Henrie

"Larry" > wrote in news:2zGTe.11389$Cc5.11336@lakeread06:

> If I may...
>
> All of these references to posts in RSC are starting to annoy me.
>
> We need to start posting info HERE!
>
> It's why I come HERE
>
> I have no desires to go to a web-based BBS when we have speed HERE
>
> -Larry

The problem with 'here' is that nothing is static. Many users have
newsreader accounts that dump the headers after three days. This IS a
great place for knowledge and info, I've come running here many times to
fix my own snafus. But it cannot serve as a long term depository of
information.
Searching Google Groups can help in this respect, but if you don't know
the topic or properly understand the problem, GG may not find too much.
RSC is a gem. Yes I am a big poster there, but I'm not trying get brownie
points by defending it. Merely that the two places can and SHOULD be
available for OUR benefit.

dave henrie
Old September 8th 05, 01:00 AM
jason moyer

Darus wrote:

> It's YOUR computer, and you do what you want with it, but 6 reinstalls
> a year?

I've reformated/reinstalled-all-of-my-OSs 6 times in a week. Normally
I don't mess with my XP partitions, but it's really not uncommon if I'm
doing serious work to blow away 20 gig partitions for something new I
want to play with.

Old September 8th 05, 02:40 AM
Darus

OF COURSE, there will be exceptions. It seems that you are one of them.
However, the VAST majority of ppl. will not do anywhere near that many
and there the "scary" (and totally false) "3 Strikes.......your OUT" is
not applicable. ISI_Mike has posted at the USPits that the "without
charge" was a bad choice of words and that you can reinstall as many
times as you'd like. Hopefully, the OP saw it, he posted the exact same
"the sky is falling" hyperbole there as well as here in RAS.