Comparing '92 GT to '11 GT

Old June 7th 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dannas

Default Comparing '92 GT to '11 GT

"dickr2" > wrote in message
> NoOp wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> I loved my '87 LX T-5 5.0 too! But those cars are from a by-gone era,
>> and for me it's time to move on.
>>
>> Patrick

> Hey Patrick,
> There are lots of cars from the "by-gone" era that were very fast in their
> day and now they're no longer the fastest cars on the block, but, damn,
> they're still fun to drive! I can't justify spending 40K-60K on a new
> Mustang regardless of how fast they are, so I'll just keep pluggin'
> away with my 84 Capri RS 5.0.
>
> Dick

I have a 93 5.0 8# KB,
lots of people want to buy it for $2k to $4k,
but I cant afford $30k+ for a new,
so I keep the old,
it is darn fast,
found a bolt missing on bell housing and several others loose,
tighten all, made a big difference

Old June 8th 10, 01:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On Jun 7, 11:06*am, "dannas" > wrote:
> "dickr2" > wrote in message

> > NoOp wrote:
> > <snip>

> >> I loved my '87 LX T-5 5.0 too! *But those cars are from a by-gone era,
> >> and for me it's time to move on.

> >> Patrick

> > Hey Patrick,
> > There are lots of cars from the "by-gone" era that were very fast in their
> > day and now they're no longer the fastest cars on the block, but, damn,
> > they're still fun to drive! I can't justify spending 40K-60K on a new
> > Mustang regardless of how fast they are, so I'll just keep pluggin'
> > away with my 84 Capri RS 5.0.

> > Dick

> I have a 93 5.0 8# KB,
> lots of people want to buy it for $2k to $4k,
> but I cant afford $30k+ for a new,
> so I keep the old,
> it is darn fast,
> found a bolt missing on bell housing and several others loose,
> tighten all, made a big difference

I also thought about upgrading/redoing my Cobra, but decided it's just
easier to get a new GT.

Patrick
Old June 8th 10, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dickr2

dannas wrote:
<snip>

> I have a 93 5.0 8# KB,
> lots of people want to buy it for $2k to $4k,
> but I cant afford $30k+ for a new,
> so I keep the old,
> it is darn fast,
> found a bolt missing on bell housing and several others loose,
> tighten all, made a big difference

Yup, when I brought in my 84 Capri to the local Ford dealer for
an oil leak, they replaced pan and valve cover gaskets and a few other
things. There were several folks in the service department that wanted
to purchase the car, but I declined. It has only 67K miles on it and
it is stored in the winter. Right now, there's a gas leak and the carb
is wet, probably the same thing that happened 20 years ago when I had
to tighten the screws on the carb top plate. I'll check it out one of
these days, but I was looking in my tool box and I can't find my
roundtoit. I still love that car!

Dick - 84 Capri RS 5.0