best tuning chip?

Old January 27th 05, 10:35 PM
Undertaker

Default best tuning chip?

Hi,
what company makes the best tuning chips in general (performance, idle,
price) in Europe?
It may be non-european chip also but somebody has to offer it in Europe.
So can Yoy give me companies or URLs?
Tnx.

Undertaker

Old January 27th 05, 10:39 PM
bfd

"Undertaker" <b97085neli@ttupunktee> wrote in message
> Hi,
> what company makes the best tuning chips in general (performance, idle,
> price) in Europe?
> It may be non-european chip also but somebody has to offer it in Europe.
> So can Yoy give me companies or URLs?
> Tnx.

Not European, but Mark D'Sylva makes performance chips for BMWs and can/has
made chips for cars in other countries. His chips are arguably as good, if
not better than the others (e.g., Jim C, Dinan, Autothority) and are
reasonably priced. For more, go he

http://www3.sympatico.ca/mdsylva/products.htm

Alternatively, there are tuners in Europe like Superchips that make chips
tuned for your car and its emissions. Good Luck!

Old January 28th 05, 04:48 PM
tech27

Go to
http://www.m5board.com

While this is an M5 board there is a wealth of information about tuning
chips.

Old January 29th 05, 01:17 PM
Mike

This guy sounds like he knows what he's on about, got his own forum, and his
chips are very cheap too.

http://www.chippeduk.com/

Old January 29th 05, 09:04 PM
tech27

Be very careful when buying chips. Not all have the kind of engineering put
into them like the Dianans and Power. MOST cheap ones simply make changes to
the ignition timing - requiring higher octane fuel.

Like wine, you can use price as a guide. The Power are probably the
priciest, but whose who have them swear the are a huge improvement even
against the Diana chips.

Old January 29th 05, 10:20 PM
rasler

www.upsolute.com
o.verio.net...

Old January 31st 05, 05:15 AM
Mark

I have sold many chips in Europe and have many happy customers there.
If you perform a GOOGLE search for "Mark D'Sylva"
you will find some feedback from happy customers.

Mark
--
http://www.dsylva-tech.ca
OBD-1 and OBD-II Performance software for BMW's

Old January 31st 05, 03:29 PM
Corey Shuman

Jim Conforti makes a wicked chip for the 3 and 5 series.
www.eurosport.com (I think) plus you get a sweet "Shark-Infested"
sticker...

Old February 3rd 05, 01:54 AM
tech27

Right, this is what these guys said on the website:

a.. A reduction of your fuel consumption (at same driving fashion).
a.. A guaranty error free tuning software, which behaves itself total
neutral at inspections works. Your car will output the same information at
the diagnostic tools like it would be in the original condition.

1-Nice try. Increased performance AND better mileage. Prove it.
2-Why wouldn't it? AFAIK, engine diagnostics don't read the chip, they read
the information that is gathered and stored. I suppose you could also say
that this chip will not in any way affect your radio selection or seat
position.

Buy one of these and I GUARANTEE a nightmare.

Old February 3rd 05, 02:01 AM
tech27

It's true. Mark has a good reputation, although I've never used any of his
products. I should have added him to the list I gave earlier.

"Mark" > wrote in message
>I have sold many chips in Europe and have many happy customers there.
> If you perform a GOOGLE search for "Mark D'Sylva"
> you will find some feedback from happy customers.
>
> Mark
> --
> http://www.dsylva-tech.ca
> OBD-1 and OBD-II Performance software for BMW's
>

> "Undertaker" <b97085neli@ttupunktee> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> what company makes the best tuning chips in general (performance, idle,
>> price) in Europe?
>> It may be non-european chip also but somebody has to offer it in Europe.
>> So can Yoy give me companies or URLs?
>> Tnx.
>>
>> Undertaker

Performance Chip Question Just A Guy Ford Mustang 3 January 10th 05 02:09 AM
APR Chip for 2003 A6 2.7T Orryn Sledge Audi 0 December 22nd 04 01:01 AM
Which HiPo chip for LS1 M Corvette 8 November 30th 04 10:04 PM
chip for 2005 300C Hemi? Ritz Chrysler 34 November 22nd 04 07:40 AM