a better than average coutesy car...

Old September 20th 07, 07:32 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
simon

Default a better than average coutesy car...

Was lucky enough to drop for a 3.2L brera today, as a courtesy car, whilst
my 156 was in for a service...
What a motor.. it made the drive from Chelmsford to Peterborough - for a 4
hour long meeting - totally worthwhile...

Absolutely gorgeous to drive - Fantastic engine note at about 2500 revs as
you pull away...

Fuel consumption was hideous (but to be expected) ... accelerating hard in
3rd gear - down as low as 4 mpg.. (Obviously you're not going to be driving
round in 3rd all day though..) I averaged about 22 to the gallon on the trip
there and back.. cost about £32 for the round trip...

Only 1 thing wrong with it
.... great interior, apart from a hideously cheap looking (and feeling)
switch panel for the sliding roof shade... God knows how that made it into
the car..

Could I live one.... not if I wanted to keep my license...

SS

--

www.srsteel.co.uk
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Panorama

Old September 23rd 07, 10:14 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
simon

The other amazing thing was quite how a 2.1/2 year old car (my '05 156 1.9
JTD Veloce) with 60K miles on the clock could run up a bill for £1800 on top
of the service cost.
New undertray
New upper wishbones
New brake pads all round
New handbrake cable
New pushbutton for handbrake
New foglight
Refit boot seal
Replace siezed waterpump.

Kerching... £1831. plus whatever the service cost.
Thank god it's a lease car...

SS

Old September 25th 07, 04:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
di9it8

Isn't the waterpump a warranty issue?
Mike

Old September 25th 07, 10:07 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
simon

Most of it was done under warranty I think...
Thats for the lease company to argue over.

Interestingly the car broke down tonight with something turbo related (I
think)
It's on an AA wagon heading for the dealers..

SS

--

www.srsteel.co.uk
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Panorama
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/landscape
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Peru
ups.com...

Old October 15th 07, 09:28 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Carl Farrington

"simon" > wrote in message

> The other amazing thing was quite how a 2.1/2 year old car (my '05 156 1.9
> JTD Veloce) with 60K miles on the clock could run up a bill for £1800 on
> top of the service cost.
> New undertray
> New upper wishbones
> New brake pads all round
> New handbrake cable
> New pushbutton for handbrake
> New foglight
> Refit boot seal
> Replace siezed waterpump.
>
> Kerching... £1831. plus whatever the service cost.

Reminds me of Mangoletsi..

Old October 16th 07, 08:25 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
savamac[_2_]

They saw you coming - presumably this was a main dealer and a leased
car.

Old October 17th 07, 06:50 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
simon

Yeah, AMC in Chemsford.
It is a lease car....
However quite a bit of the work was stuff I'd asked them to look at -
creaking suspension and undertray in particular.

ss

--

www.srsteel.co.uk
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Panorama
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/landscape
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Peru
oups.com...

On 23 Sep, 22:14, "simon" > wrote:
> The other amazing thing was quite how a 2.1/2 year old car (my '05 156 1.9
> JTD Veloce) with 60K miles on the clock could run up a bill for £1800 on
> top
> of the service cost.
> Kerching... £1831. plus whatever the service cost.
> Thank god it's a lease car...
>
> SS

Coutesy Lights in 98 Grand Cherokee [email protected] Jeep 1 March 13th 07 02:03 AM
Price for average new GT in the U.S. [email protected] Ford Mustang 10 December 8th 06 11:21 PM
bmw 325 average mileage Veerags BMW 6 June 1st 06 05:38 PM
Not your average Jeep Billy Jeep 5 December 20th 04 03:08 PM
What is the speed of the average cop - car? Karl-Hugo Weesberg General 1 October 26th 04 01:21 PM