Call for Entries: 1000km Nuerburgring race Jan 1 (N2003 Ferrari 330p4 mod)

Old December 15th 04, 04:03 PM
Peter Burke

Default Call for Entries: 1000km Nuerburgring race Jan 1 (N2003 Ferrari 330p4 mod)

Ready to race in a team or solo for 1000km January 1st?

Details about the event are he
http://www.tptcc.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7310

the signup page is he

http://www.tptcc.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=8272

you can also find my email at the IICC web site
(http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/iicc) and contact me directly with questions.

Solo drivers or up to 5 drivers sharing a car will be allowed. Look for
teammates if you don't feel like doing this alone, but don't want to miss
the opportunity to be part of this big event. It starts Jan 1, 3pm eastern,
and should last for about 7 hours including practice, qual and the 32
minutes of "break time" each car will have to fulfill, either by parking
that long, or doing up to 3 driver changes, which in each case cost a lap,
or 8 minutes lost (multi-driver teams may end up racing 1068km if they
change drivers 3 times). Everyone who wants to participate will have to run
in practice sessions prior to the race to make sure we are all on the same
page regarding rules and driver change procedures, plus we want to make sure
people are acutally qualified to be out there - if you're racing a 44 lap
race there, we expect that you have some significant practice in the books
before the flag drops.

Anyway - check the post at the pits, start thinking about getting enough
sleep to pull this thing off. Jan 1 is a Saturday, in case you need to talk
some Europeans into staying up late. The race will begin in the afternoon on
Saturday, so even the final laps will be earlier than our usual last laps in
regular events.

Hope to fill that pit lane with cars. Public practice will open on Dec. 19

see you at your favorite race track ;-)

Peter