UK - leather seat worn

Old September 21st 04, 01:09 AM

Default UK - leather seat worn

I work at a used car dealership in Melbourne Fl. We use a lady who does
interior work. She charges $35 to $60 depending on if it is just one cover
or two I.E the top and bottom. She uses a filler to fill in the cracks then
sands it and sprays it with a special paint. She can match the color
exactly. If you replace the cover, it usually won't match because of the
ageing of the leather and the supplier. When I worked for BMW, we would
often need to replace all the coushin covers when it was a warranty job so
that the grain and tone of the color matched because when BMW switched
suppliers it didn't match up. You can do a search on BMW+upholstry. There
are several companies that offer better prices than the factory. Another
alternative is the junk yards. You can probablly get a seat from a late
model wreck cheaper than recovering your seats.

"tim" > wrote in message
> A panel in my drivers sports seat for my 2000 318Ci is wearing, so I'm
> wondering if repair is possible? Anyone know the options, if there are any
> (and a rough idea of potential cost!)?
>
> TIA
> tim

WTB 92-95 S4/S6 drivers Seat. The Persings Audi 0 December 28th 04 01:34 AM
156 driver's seat - lumbar adjust broken?? fmt Alfa Romeo 1 October 13th 04 02:08 PM
Leather Seat - Color wears off [email protected] Audi 0 October 11th 04 05:47 AM
Child's car seat res0iayk Audi 1 August 12th 04 11:38 PM
156 Child seat advice please Martin Alfa Romeo 4 August 6th 04 01:21 PM