TJ Hardtop - best way to store

Old May 1st 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
reboot

Default TJ Hardtop - best way to store

'99 TJ Sport with the factory hardtop, thinking about taking it off
for the summer and running the factory soft-top folded up in the back
(which to my knowledge has never been put up).

But, being a Wrangler newb I don't have a good idea on how to store
the HT after it's removed. I don't have enough garage floor space but
I do have plenty of space near a high (12') ceiling. Is there risk of
damage or can I use a home-made rig with ropes?

Does somebody make a sling or a hoist rig for doing a good job of this
without having to take out a 2nd mortgage.

peace ...

reboot

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000737-2, 04/30/2007
Tested on: 4/30/2007 9:53:21 PM

Old May 1st 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_15_]

Check the www.4wd.com catalog. The slings for hard tops work pretty well.
The kit has a piece of pipe the right length, a hook in the right spot to
put the rope, and nylon slings with hooks to grab the sides of the top. The
cheap-ass rope and block and tackle can be replaced with good stuff, if you
don't like it.

Earle

Old May 1st 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Spdloader

"reboot" > wrote in message
> '99 TJ Sport with the factory hardtop, thinking about taking it off
> for the summer and running the factory soft-top folded up in the back
> (which to my knowledge has never been put up).
>
> But, being a Wrangler newb I don't have a good idea on how to store
> the HT after it's removed. I don't have enough garage floor space but
> I do have plenty of space near a high (12') ceiling. Is there risk of
> damage or can I use a home-made rig with ropes?
>
> Does somebody make a sling or a hoist rig for doing a good job of this
> without having to take out a 2nd mortgage.
>
> peace ...
>
> reboot
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 000737-2, 04/30/2007
> Tested on: 4/30/2007 9:53:21 PM

How about this:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12020_01_07.htm

Spdloader

Old May 1st 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_15_]

Definitely looks better than the rope type.

Earle

Old May 1st 07, 04:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Spdloader

"Earle Horton" > wrote in message
om...
> Definitely looks better than the rope type.
>
> Earle
>
> "Spdloader" > wrote in message
>>
>> "reboot" > wrote in message
>> > '99 TJ Sport with the factory hardtop, thinking about taking it off
>> > for the summer and running the factory soft-top folded up in the back
>> > (which to my knowledge has never been put up).
>> >
>> > But, being a Wrangler newb I don't have a good idea on how to store
>> > the HT after it's removed. I don't have enough garage floor space but
>> > I do have plenty of space near a high (12') ceiling. Is there risk of
>> > damage or can I use a home-made rig with ropes?
>> >
>> > Does somebody make a sling or a hoist rig for doing a good job of this
>> > without having to take out a 2nd mortgage.
>> >
>> > peace ...
>> >
>> > reboot
>> >

>> > ---
>> > avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
>> > Virus Database (VPS): 000737-2, 04/30/2007
>> > Tested on: 4/30/2007 9:53:21 PM
>> > avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.
>> >

>> How about this:
>>
>> http://www.quadratec.com/products/12020_01_07.htm
>>
>> Spdloader

I've been thinking about using the pics and making one myself, but it may
cost nearly as much to make in the garage.
Spdloader

Old May 1st 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
reboot

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:46:32 -0400, "Spdloader"
> wrote:

>"Earle Horton" > wrote in message
. com...
>> Definitely looks better than the rope type.
>>
>> Earle

>>> How about this:
>>>
>>> http://www.quadratec.com/products/12020_01_07.htm
>>>
>>> Spdloader
>>> >

>I've been thinking about using the pics and making one myself, but it may
>cost nearly as much to make in the garage.
>Spdloader

both of your messages lead to a Lange cable set-up, downloaded a PDF
installation sheet from spdloader's link. Looks straight forward but
I might have a problem, my ceiling is 12' and the working range for
these is 7' - 10'.

I also don't like the idea of the cable running on the hypotenuse like
they have in these designs.

but thanks for pointing the direction, i'll keep looking.

reboot

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000737-2, 04/30/2007
Tested on: 4/30/2007 11:49:56 PM

Old May 1st 07, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

This may give you a couple of ideas:
http://www.billhughes.com/temp/jeepTopHoist.jpg I prefer to just use a loop
around the front and a couple of tied to length of ropes that loop release
hands at the back of my Seven.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

"reboot" > wrote in message
> '99 TJ Sport with the factory hardtop, thinking about taking it off
> for the summer and running the factory soft-top folded up in the back
> (which to my knowledge has never been put up).
>
> But, being a Wrangler newb I don't have a good idea on how to store
> the HT after it's removed. I don't have enough garage floor space but
> I do have plenty of space near a high (12') ceiling. Is there risk of
> damage or can I use a home-made rig with ropes?
>
> Does somebody make a sling or a hoist rig for doing a good job of this
> without having to take out a 2nd mortgage.
>
> peace ...
>
> reboot

dB warming up his car to go to the store duty-honor-country[_5_] Chrysler 4 September 2nd 06 02:32 PM
New Saleen Store! Nicholas Anthony Ford Mustang 1 August 9th 06 01:04 PM
How do you store your hard top? Kate Jeep 35 April 5th 06 04:12 AM
ebay store Wayne . 4x4 0 December 25th 05 05:24 AM
Dollar Store Annonymous Account 4x4 0 November 6th 05 06:41 AM