Front suspension Clunk???

Old October 29th 04, 05:15 AM
Chris

Default Front suspension Clunk???

Hi I have an 86 Audi 80 (1800cc) recently I changed the upper suspension
mount (and integral bearing) as I thought it was the cause of an
intermittent clunk heard when I turn the front wheels. However it was not
the fault as the sound is still there. At the same time I replaced the CV
boot and inspected the Cv joint and there is obvious signs of wear. The
noise is not there all the time and it is not continuous such as when doing
a U-turn (as would be expected if it was the CV). It sound nothing like worn
CV's that I have heard before.

Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

Cheers,

Chris.

Old October 29th 04, 01:21 PM
~ ElektraMan ~

Ball joint on lower control arm would be my suggestion.

Steve

Old October 29th 04, 07:02 PM
The Al Bundy

"~ ElektraMan ~" > wrote
news
> Ball joint on lower control arm would be my suggestion.
>
> Steve

Also check the tie rod end's.

Al

Old October 29th 04, 08:17 PM
Tony

Also check the sway bar bushings and the motor mounts.

The Al Bundy wrote:

> "~ ElektraMan ~" > wrote
> news >
>>Ball joint on lower control arm would be my suggestion.
>>
>>Steve
>>

> Also check the tie rod end's.
>
> Al

Poll - front suspension problems with A4, A6 & A8s? Iain Miller Audi 3 September 28th 04 11:14 PM
Front suspension Chris Cumo Audi 2 September 9th 04 12:52 PM
known weakness in A4, A6, Allroad front suspension arm? Julius Vindex Audi 2 August 23rd 04 06:17 PM
VW Passat Recall - Front suspension arm gbnews Audi 0 July 13th 04 09:33 PM
front suspension vibration John Tresadern Alfa Romeo 1 May 5th 04 08:14 AM