2002 S2000 Convertible Top Problem

Old October 26th 04, 01:31 AM
ESchmitzer

Default 2002 S2000 Convertible Top Problem

My 2002 S2000 is experiencing unusual wear on the convertible top. On the
passenger side of the top, a small slit has developed in the top. On the
driver side, essentially in the exact same spot, you can fee the wear on the
inside and see it on the outside. It has not yet developed a slit/tear like on
the passenger side.

I have the Certified Honda Warranty for the vehicle and am waiting for a visit
from an American Honda rep to "see for himself" what the head of the my local
Honda dealer service department has seen.

Is anyone aware of similar problems with the S2000 convertible tops? I believe
this should and will be repaired under warranty but just in guess I get a hard
time, I wanted to do a little homework to see if others are experiencing the
same problem.

Thanks in advance.
Old October 26th 04, 03:27 AM
SoCalMike

ESchmitzer wrote:

> My 2002 S2000 is experiencing unusual wear on the convertible top. On the
> passenger side of the top, a small slit has developed in the top. On the
> driver side, essentially in the exact same spot, you can fee the wear on the
> inside and see it on the outside. It has not yet developed a slit/tear like on
> the passenger side.

does the slit occur in a place where the top folds?

> I have the Certified Honda Warranty for the vehicle and am waiting for a visit
> from an American Honda rep to "see for himself" what the head of the my local
> Honda dealer service department has seen.
>
> Is anyone aware of similar problems with the S2000 convertible tops? I believe
> this should and will be repaired under warranty but just in guess I get a hard
> time, I wanted to do a little homework to see if others are experiencing the
> same problem.
>
> Thanks in advance.

interesting. its going to be hard to say. i wouldnt figure a soft top
would be covered by much of a warranty, since its exposed to the
elements and is hopefully being used a lot. if it comes with a "boot",
im sure they require it being used when the top is down.