good grief:146

Old May 27th 04, 05:15 PM
Alex C

"Tom Boltwood" > wrote in message

> > From: "Alex C" >
> > Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> > Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:16:25 +0100
> > Subject: good grief:146
> >
> > No,
> >
> > the car is good. I got flashed twice in Nottingham, should have been

looking
> > at speedo, instead was listening to engine! window open!!!
> >
> > I am going back to driving my 18 month old 1.0 Corsa!
> >
> > Alex

> You can still speed in a Corsa. Why on earth would anyone blame their car
> for speeding? I don't know where you learnt to drive, but speed is related
> to the gear you're in and the amount you've pressed the loud pedal.
>
> Don't sell it, just be a bit more careful.

WAHOO!! Just spent 25 mins on phone to plod, neither of the cameras that
flashed me were 'fully operational' at the time therefore no tickets
therefore car is staying!

Old May 28th 04, 10:31 AM
Tom Boltwood

> From: "Alex C" >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 17:15:35 +0100
> Subject: good grief:146
>

> "Tom Boltwood" > wrote in message
>>

>>> From: "Alex C" >
>>> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
>>> Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:16:25 +0100
>>> Subject: good grief:146
>>>
>>> No,
>>>
>>> the car is good. I got flashed twice in Nottingham, should have been

> looking
>>> at speedo, instead was listening to engine! window open!!!
>>>
>>> I am going back to driving my 18 month old 1.0 Corsa!
>>>
>>> Alex

>> You can still speed in a Corsa. Why on earth would anyone blame their car
>> for speeding? I don't know where you learnt to drive, but speed is related
>> to the gear you're in and the amount you've pressed the loud pedal.
>>
>> Don't sell it, just be a bit more careful.
>>

> WAHOO!! Just spent 25 mins on phone to plod, neither of the cameras that
> flashed me were 'fully operational' at the time therefore no tickets
> therefore car is staying!

Nice one.

Old May 28th 04, 05:20 PM
Tom Boltwood

> From: MeatballTurbo >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 15:57:14 +0100
> Subject: good grief:146

<snip>

>> WAHOO!! Just spent 25 mins on phone to plod, neither of the cameras that
>> flashed me were 'fully operational' at the time therefore no tickets
>> therefore car is staying!
>>

> You sure you're not saying that so you can sell it quicker, and the
> tickets would go in the new owners name
>
> Evil and vindictive mind I have there, but I don't get caught very
> often.

Notice that he's not selling the car now mind.

Old May 29th 04, 12:22 AM
MarkK

"SteveH" > wrote in message
. ..
> MeatballTurbo > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > says...
> > > nottingham
> > >

> > Bloody hell, two days between Manchester and Nottingham and your bagged
> > twice.
> >
> > That good are they?
> >
> > Damn, a little bit on the wrong side of the country for me ATM.
> >
> > Sounds like a good one though.
> >
> > What's the service history and stuff like (for anyone else interested).

> I think (and I may well be wrong) that this sounds more than a little
> iffy.
>
> Unless the OP has been pulled twice in 2 days by real traff pol (which
> is highly unlikely, and bloody unobservant if he has), then there's no
> way of knowing if you'd been done until this time next week at the
> earliest.
>
> ISTR this car has an interesting background, having been bought on ebay
> from a very dodgy sounding seller. Quite possibly, it's an absolute dog,
> which is why he's getting shot so quickly.
>
> Obviously, I could well be wrong, so over the OP to explain how he's
> been caught twice in 2 days.

I think you may be right to be suspicious. Could it be this one, with no
history?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2480446649
It's in Nottingham, which fits. The seller is clearly genuine with helpful
phrases like this: "Please do not ask any silly questions of me as I will
not answer".

I can just make out the registration, P204 NOA. Checking this on
www.rac.co.uk/myrac (you have to register) shows it changed hands in Sept 03
(& presumably subsequently to the current owner, which they don't yet have
data about) but had 5 owners before then. Hence its current owner is at
least the 7th!
I like the explanation for no history: "the car was company owned and they
sometimes tend to remove history from cars upon sale". Companies hold on to
receipts, but like to sell with history (printout & service book stamped-up)
to maximise resale value IME. A company may have been the 1st owner, but not
the subsequent 6 ;-)

Of course it could be a fine car that has never been crashed or clocked.

Mark

Old May 29th 04, 02:22 AM
SteveH

MeatballTurbo > wrote:

> In article >, am
> spouted forth into alt.autos.alfa-romeo...
> >

> > > From: MeatballTurbo >
> > > Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> > > Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 15:57:14 +0100
> > > Subject: good grief:146
> > >

> > <snip>

> > > You sure you're not saying that so you can sell it quicker, and the
> > > tickets would go in the new owners name
> > >
> > > Evil and vindictive mind I have there, but I don't get caught very
> > > often.

> > Notice that he's not selling the car now mind.
> >

> Hmm, unless someone made him an offer he couldn't refuse
>
> I'm sorry, can't resist. Must behave.

Ahhhh, but he is:

May I refer you to:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2477120137

and the related thread in uk.people.consumers.ebay:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...=oW7rc.6938%24
NK4.675469%40stones.force9.net&rnum=5&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dalex%2Bc%2Bgrou
p:uk.people.consumers.ebay%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie% 3DUTF-8%26selm%3DoW7rc
..6938%2524NK4.675469%2540stones.force9.net%26rnum %3D5

(sorry about that URL)

Also note the 'I hope my first auction goes well' comment! - yes,
Samsunguser, you've been rumbled.

In which case you may as well tell us what's wrong with it.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old May 29th 04, 01:07 PM
MarkK

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> MeatballTurbo > wrote:
>
> > In article >, am
> > spouted forth into alt.autos.alfa-romeo...

> > > <snip>

that

tickets

> > > Notice that he's not selling the car now mind.
> > >

> > Hmm, unless someone made him an offer he couldn't refuse
> >
> > I'm sorry, can't resist. Must behave.

> Ahhhh, but he is:
>
> May I refer you to:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2477120137

> and the related thread in uk.people.consumers.ebay:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...=oW7rc.6938%24
> NK4.675469%40stones.force9.net&rnum=5&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dalex%2Bc%2Bgrou
> p:uk.people.consumers.ebay%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie% 3DUTF-8%26selm%3DoW7rc
> .6938%2524NK4.675469%2540stones.force9.net%26rnum% 3D5
>
> (sorry about that URL)
>
> Also note the 'I hope my first auction goes well' comment! - yes,
> Samsunguser, you've been rumbled.

Nice one. Also, the Smart car bought end March:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2465254768
several weeks before the 146:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2477120137
which is now for sale under a new ID (who wants to risk -ve feedback over a
dodgy motor?):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2480446649
with the story "Alfa 146 1.8 TS, I bought this car very recently to tide me
over until my Smart convertible arrived, it duly did so this is up for
sale!" yet he had the Smart in March.

Mark

Old May 30th 04, 02:45 PM
Alex C

"MarkK" > wrote in message
> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> > MeatballTurbo > wrote:
> >
> > > In article >, am
> > > spouted forth into alt.autos.alfa-romeo...

cameras
> that

> tickets

the

> > > Hmm, unless someone made him an offer he couldn't refuse
> > >
> > > I'm sorry, can't resist. Must behave.

> > Ahhhh, but he is:
> >
> > May I refer you to:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2477120137

> > and the related thread in uk.people.consumers.ebay:
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...=oW7rc.6938%24
> > NK4.675469%40stones.force9.net&rnum=5&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dalex%2Bc%2Bgrou
> > p:uk.people.consumers.ebay%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie% 3DUTF-8%26selm%3DoW7rc
> > .6938%2524NK4.675469%2540stones.force9.net%26rnum% 3D5
> >
> > (sorry about that URL)
> >
> > Also note the 'I hope my first auction goes well' comment! - yes,
> > Samsunguser, you've been rumbled.

> Nice one. Also, the Smart car bought end March:
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2465254768
> several weeks before the 146:
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2477120137
> which is now for sale under a new ID (who wants to risk -ve feedback over

> dodgy motor?):
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2480446649
> with the story "Alfa 146 1.8 TS, I bought this car very recently to tide

me
> over until my Smart convertible arrived, it duly did so this is up for
> sale!" yet he had the Smart in March.
>
> Mark

Actually wrong!

Wifey and I had a long long chat. She wanted another Smart convertible, she
already had one. I made the decision to purchase the Alfa without her
permission, I just did it. After the two speeding incidents in Nottingham we
sat down and decided that we would get another smart. Should you wish to
check this out you can! Also there is absolutely nothing wrong with tha Alfa
and I welcome an ispection. You will also notice that I did not put it on
Ebay until after I had sorted the tickets! By all means guys come and
inspect the car and take it for a test. I can also provide proof that we
have just bought a new Smart Cab as this is the only real way of slowing me
down (We got rid of the Corsa against the Smart Cab).

Old May 30th 04, 04:24 PM
MarkK

"Alex C" > wrote in message

> "MarkK" > wrote in message

> > Nice one. Also, the Smart car bought end March:
> > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2465254768
> > several weeks before the 146:
> > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2477120137
> > which is now for sale under a new ID (who wants to risk -ve feedback

over
> > dodgy motor?):
> > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2480446649
> > with the story "Alfa 146 1.8 TS, I bought this car very recently to tide

> me
> > over until my Smart convertible arrived, it duly did so this is up for
> > sale!" yet he had the Smart in March.
> >
> > Mark
> >

> Actually wrong!

Well, you did say "convertible" when the Smart you bought in March was a
coupe, so that fits. And you said "I am going back to driving my 18 month
old 1.0 Corsa!" on the 26th and only listed the Alfa on the 28th, so that
fits your story.

> Wifey and I had a long long chat. She wanted another Smart convertible,

she
> already had one. I made the decision to purchase the Alfa without her
> permission, I just did it. After the two speeding incidents in Nottingham

we
> sat down and decided that we would get another smart. Should you wish to
> check this out you can! Also there is absolutely nothing wrong with tha

Alfa
> and I welcome an ispection. You will also notice that I did not put it on
> Ebay until after I had sorted the tickets! By all means guys come and
> inspect the car and take it for a test. I can also provide proof that we
> have just bought a new Smart Cab as this is the only real way of slowing

me
> down (We got rid of the Corsa against the Smart Cab).

But a few concerns remain:
1) You claimed elsewhere to be a criminal*.
2) You didn't use your samsunguser ebay ID, which has good feedback. Are you
expecting negative feedback for this car? "lets hope my first auction goes
to plan" hmmmm
3) The car has had 7+ owners and has no history

*
http://www.google.com/groups?q=crimi...9.net &rnum=1

:-)