Sportwagon Pics

Old September 21st 08, 12:17 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Default Sportwagon Pics

Washed, polished, waxed, head unit fitted and working.

Work to do:

HIDs (Kit sent was wrong one for reflector / clear lens headlamps)
Reversing sensor (need to order new numberplates, as rear one needs
moving upwards / downwards slightly to fit it, and the front one is
mounted a few cms too far towards the centre for a 156)

No other mods planned, other than perhaps a K&N panel filter, to cut the
cost of replacement on servicing.

It is lowered 15mm and on +1" wheels from the factory compared with
non-Veloce models anyway.

Plugged it into AlfaDiag and everything was all clear - except the known
airbag error - need to reset that once I've got a modded cable.

http://www.italiancar.co.uk/Veloce/Veloce.html

www.italiancar.co.uk - Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed
Alfa 156 TSpark Lusso - Alfa 75 TSpark Lusso - Ducati 750SS
Old September 22nd 08, 02:03 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_10_]

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> Washed, polished, waxed, head unit fitted and working.
>
> Work to do:
>
> HIDs (Kit sent was wrong one for reflector / clear lens headlamps)
> Reversing sensor (need to order new numberplates, as rear one needs
> moving upwards / downwards slightly to fit it, and the front one is
> mounted a few cms too far towards the centre for a 156)
>
> No other mods planned, other than perhaps a K&N panel filter, to cut the
> cost of replacement on servicing.
>
> It is lowered 15mm and on +1" wheels from the factory compared with
> non-Veloce models anyway.
>
> Plugged it into AlfaDiag and everything was all clear - except the known
> airbag error - need to reset that once I've got a modded cable.
>
> http://www.italiancar.co.uk/Veloce/Veloce.html

Did you just say 'lowered'. Do you plan to drive on any UK roads? Mine isn't
lowered and scrapes on every single speed bump it sees!

Old September 22nd 08, 02:10 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "SteveH" > wrote in message
>> Washed, polished, waxed, head unit fitted and working.
>>
>> Work to do:
>>
>> HIDs (Kit sent was wrong one for reflector / clear lens headlamps)
>> Reversing sensor (need to order new numberplates, as rear one needs
>> moving upwards / downwards slightly to fit it, and the front one is
>> mounted a few cms too far towards the centre for a 156)
>>
>> No other mods planned, other than perhaps a K&N panel filter, to cut the
>> cost of replacement on servicing.
>>
>> It is lowered 15mm and on +1" wheels from the factory compared with
>> non-Veloce models anyway.
>>
>> Plugged it into AlfaDiag and everything was all clear - except the known
>> airbag error - need to reset that once I've got a modded cable.
>>
>> http://www.italiancar.co.uk/Veloce/Veloce.html

> Did you just say 'lowered'. Do you plan to drive on any UK roads? Mine isn't
> lowered and scrapes on every single speed bump it sees!

Mine doesn't as long as you're careful.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old September 22nd 08, 02:43 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Stef[_2_]

In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
Catman > wrote:
> GT wrote:
>>
>> Did you just say 'lowered'. Do you plan to drive on any UK roads? Mine isn't
>> lowered and scrapes on every single speed bump it sees!
>>

> Mine doesn't as long as you're careful.

You mean carefull like this?

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-8-2VaJpM

--
Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

if it GLISTENS, gobble it!!
Old September 22nd 08, 05:37 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Stef wrote:
> In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
> Catman > wrote:
>> GT wrote:
>>> Did you just say 'lowered'. Do you plan to drive on any UK roads? Mine isn't
>>> lowered and scrapes on every single speed bump it sees!
>>>

>> Mine doesn't as long as you're careful.

> You mean carefull like this?
>
> http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-8-2VaJpM

Very similar, in fact

Old September 23rd 08, 04:56 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"Stef" > wrote in message
> In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
> Catman > wrote:
>> GT wrote:
>>>
>>> Did you just say 'lowered'. Do you plan to drive on any UK roads? Mine
>>> isn't
>>> lowered and scrapes on every single speed bump it sees!
>>>

>> Mine doesn't as long as you're careful.

> You mean carefull like this?
>
> http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-8-2VaJpM

Basically, yes - its the undertray, not the nose though! I have tied it up,
but it still hangs down in the middle (not as low as the front pipes though,
so I've really got to watch!

Old September 23rd 08, 05:25 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

GT wrote:

> Did you just say 'lowered'. Do you plan to drive on any UK roads? Mine isn't
> lowered and scrapes on every single speed bump it sees!

Not aftermarket lowered, Veloces are 15mm lower than Lusso models. And
ride on bigger wheels.

--
SteveH - on the road
Old September 24th 08, 11:24 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:25:40 +0100, SteveH >
wrote:

>GT wrote:
>
>> Did you just say 'lowered'. Do you plan to drive on any UK roads? Mine isn't
>> lowered and scrapes on every single speed bump it sees!

>Not aftermarket lowered, Veloces are 15mm lower than Lusso models. And
>ride on bigger wheels.

My Veloce is factory lowered by 20mm and on 16 inch wheels.
Polypropylene tray - fantastic!

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject will be auto-deleted..sorry!)