Hard Starting 2000 A6

Old January 18th 06, 02:03 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Hard Starting 2000 A6

Hi all,
I have a 2000 A6 2.8 quattro that after sitting for a week or two and
having the temperature change by 20 or more degrees F will not start.
I cannot get it started until I disconnect the battery and wait a few
minutes.
Anyone have a better way of starting the thing? Do I have a sensor that
has gone bad?

Thanks,
Michelle
Old January 18th 06, 07:03 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Michelle" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Hi all,
> I have a 2000 A6 2.8 quattro that after sitting for a week or two and
> having the temperature change by 20 or more degrees F will not start.
> I cannot get it started until I disconnect the battery and wait a few
> minutes.
> Anyone have a better way of starting the thing? Do I have a sensor that
> has gone bad?
>
> Thanks,
> Michelle

how does it start with the battery disconnected........OK we did assume you
reconnect it.

when the battery is disconnected the ECU is reset to default so it could be
a sensor reading problem. You may need a diagnostics check to find out which
one.

Old January 18th 06, 01:03 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Harry wrote:
> "Michelle" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>
>>Hi all,
>>I have a 2000 A6 2.8 quattro that after sitting for a week or two and
>>having the temperature change by 20 or more degrees F will not start.
>>I cannot get it started until I disconnect the battery and wait a few
>>minutes.
>>Anyone have a better way of starting the thing? Do I have a sensor that
>>has gone bad?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Michelle

> how does it start with the battery disconnected........OK we did assume you
> reconnect it.
>
> when the battery is disconnected the ECU is reset to default so it could be
> a sensor reading problem. You may need a diagnostics check to find out which
> one.

Yeah I reconnect it :-)
I guess I will have to have the shop search for the problem.
Thanks,
Michelle

Hard starting 74 beetle. [email protected] VW air cooled 3 August 15th 05 05:59 PM
Hard Starting Jim Gordon BMW 3 July 20th 05 03:42 PM
1980 tbird hard starting Martik Technology 3 July 1st 05 04:02 AM
Hard starting EF Falcon when cold Sir Lex Driving 5 June 26th 05 12:04 AM