oil temp gauge

Old January 17th 06, 11:47 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default oil temp gauge

hi all can anyone tell me what the oil temp gauge should read once the
engine is hot i was in my a6 2.5 tdi v6 motorway driving for 3 hours and it
hardly moved above 60 there as just been new sensor fitted so i reckon this
is correct and running ok
thanxs to any replies
cheers stef

Old January 17th 06, 12:36 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Oil temp on my A4 reads around 100.

It used to read around 60 but that was when the thermostat in the cooling
system wasn't working & so the water temp never got much above 60-70 either.

What's your water temp gauge say??

I.

Old January 17th 06, 12:48 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Stef wrote:
> hi all can anyone tell me what the oil temp gauge should read once the
> engine is hot i was in my a6 2.5 tdi v6 motorway driving for 3 hours and it
> hardly moved above 60 there as just been new sensor fitted so i reckon this
> is correct and running ok

What was the outside temp? My A6 2.5 TDIs (150 HP) oil never gets warmer
at our current below freezing temperatures.

So I'd say, yes, that's ok.

Regards

W.
Old January 17th 06, 07:59 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Stef" > wrote in message
> hi all can anyone tell me what the oil temp gauge should read once the
> engine is hot i was in my a6 2.5 tdi v6 motorway driving for 3 hours and
> it hardly moved above 60 there as just been new sensor fitted so i reckon
> this is correct and running ok
> thanxs to any replies
> cheers stef

my A4 = 65/70

Old January 18th 06, 01:45 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Harry" > wrote in message

> "Stef" > wrote in message
>> hi all can anyone tell me what the oil temp gauge should read once the
>> engine is hot i was in my a6 2.5 tdi v6 motorway driving for 3 hours and
>> it hardly moved above 60 there as just been new sensor fitted so i reckon
>> this is correct and running ok
>> thanxs to any replies
>> cheers stef
>>

> my A4 = 65/70

My ´98 A4 Avant (not a diesel, though) = oil around 65/70C too, and coolant
sits sharp at 90C.

--
Gio

Old January 18th 06, 04:09 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Old January 18th 06, 06:19 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Gio" > wrote in message

> "Harry" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Stef" > wrote in message
>>> hi all can anyone tell me what the oil temp gauge should read once the
>>> engine is hot i was in my a6 2.5 tdi v6 motorway driving for 3 hours and
>>> it hardly moved above 60 there as just been new sensor fitted so i
>>> reckon this is correct and running ok
>>> thanxs to any replies
>>> cheers stef
>>>

>> my A4 = 65/70

> My ´98 A4 Avant (not a diesel, though) = oil around 65/70C too, and
> coolant sits sharp at 90C.
>
> --
> Gio

sorry I misread the gauge its in 20C steps so reads 80C and yes water is
smack on 90C
outside ambient is 10C.

dj
1998 A4 2.4 V6 30valve

Old January 19th 06, 01:15 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Harry" > wrote in message
> 1998 A4 2.4 V6 30valve

*ahh*...same engine as mine )

--