GTL - nurby?

Old August 18th 05, 06:21 AM
jason moyer

Default GTL - nurby?

I see in the menu animations that Nurby is in the game. Since they're
including multiple configurations for each track, does anyone know if
this is just the GP circuit, or are they including the Nordschleife and
the combined track?

Old August 18th 05, 08:39 AM
Bruce Kennewell

Seeing that the entire program is based upon the *current* FIA historical
series, then I think it would be safe to assume that the circuits will be
those that are currently in use.

Bruce

ups.com...

Old August 18th 05, 09:46 AM
jason moyer

Bruce Kennewell wrote:
> Seeing that the entire program is based upon the *current* FIA historical
> series, then I think it would be safe to assume that the circuits will be
> those that are currently in use.

That's what I thought too, but since they're including other current
configurations for each track, and Nurby is in the game, I was being
hopeful.

Do the FIA GT historic series run on both Dijon layouts?

Old August 18th 05, 11:16 AM
Bruce Kennewell

I've no idea about which configuration they use at Dijon.
The calendar for 2005, on which (I assume) this sim is based, features the
following circuits, Jason.....

Hockenheim
Most
Misano
Zolder
Anderstorp
Spa
Dijon.

So I guess that the sim will feature a whole lot more than the seven
circuits over which the Championships are run.
In which case, a Nordschliefe would be perhaps be feasible.

Bruce.

oups.com...

Old August 18th 05, 09:39 PM
ymenard

>"Bruce Kennewell" > wrote
> Seeing that the entire program is based upon the *current* FIA historical
> series, then I think it would be safe to assume that the circuits will be
> those that are currently in use.

I think it's a shame and a missed opportunity that they will not give us any
historical version of the tracks they will ship. Wouldn't it be nice to
have "old" and "new" version of those tracks, perhaps based on the 65 and 76
season. I know it's based on the FIA historical series, but it would have
been an excellent choice to have done it that way. No additional cost of
track licensing, but you would have needed more working time for 3d modeling
and textures. Oh well.

Btw for all, the website of the official series is :
http://www.fia-historic-racing.com/

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old August 21st 05, 03:48 PM
Marc Collins

By far the number one problem with GTL is the LACK of historic tracks. I,
for one, couldn't care less if today's Hockenheim was blown off the map.
The demo is a lot of fun, but it won't replace GPL if you don't have the
complete "I can't believe they actually raced on tracks like that"
experience.

Marc

Old August 24th 05, 08:03 PM
ymenard

>"Marc Collins" > wrote
> By far the number one problem with GTL is the LACK of historic tracks. I,
> for one, couldn't care less if today's Hockenheim was blown off the map.
> The demo is a lot of fun, but it won't replace GPL if you don't have the
> complete "I can't believe they actually raced on tracks like that"
> experience.

That's exactly why that, at least, they should have given use historical
version of all the FIA tracks they use currently, according to either how
they were in 1965 or 1976 (the years the FIA are having the series).

Old August 24th 05, 09:43 PM
whooo

ymenard wrote:
>>"Marc Collins" > wrote
>>By far the number one problem with GTL is the LACK of historic tracks. I,
>>for one, couldn't care less if today's Hockenheim was blown off the map.
>>The demo is a lot of fun, but it won't replace GPL if you don't have the
>>complete "I can't believe they actually raced on tracks like that"
>>experience.

> That's exactly why that, at least, they should have given use historical
> version of all the FIA tracks they use currently, according to either how
> they were in 1965 or 1976 (the years the FIA are having the series).

Would have been a licensing nightmare, maybe?
Old August 25th 05, 01:04 AM
ymenard

>"whooo" > wrote
>> That's exactly why that, at least, they should have given use historical
>> version of all the FIA tracks they use currently, according to either how
>> they were in 1965 or 1976 (the years the FIA are having the series).
>>

> Would have been a licensing nightmare, maybe?

Since they already own the licensing for those tracks, I don't see any major
problem. Dealing with the FIA and the specific tracks, just tell them :

"We might model your tracks in past versions of them, considering those are
historical cars, to give our customers a driving experience that is
different. It'll be a big selling point".

Anyway when you model a track, it's already outdated by the time the sim is
out. So technically it's the same. Heck when you sign papers for
licensing, they give the rights to model it, they don't say "it must be the
terrain and the track between 2004 and 2006".

Old August 25th 05, 12:23 PM
Rich8

Correct me if I'm wrong but what if when the track was used back in 76
"Turn-key Inc" owned it and now in its current config "Furby Inc" owns
it would this mean you'd have to contact that original company to
create that version of the track or does FIA have say so over every
varation of a track ?

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:04:38 -0400, "ymenard"