Should this trooper be fired?

Old March 24th 05, 03:46 AM
jaybird

"L Sternn" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:07:48 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:
>
>>Of course he shouldn't be fired. He's an 18 year veteran with no prior
>>disciplinary action. I wouldn't wish a firing on anyone in any profession
>>with that record, just based on a comment.

> How ****ing predictable.
>
> He could have been responsible for the deaths of many people.

Where do you get that from? The comment had nothing to do with the response
time.

> He willingly and knowingly refused to perform his job.

No, he did his job when he dispatched units to the scene.

> His attitude towards those he was supposed to help is just icing on
> the cake.
>
> **** him and **** you jaybird.
>
> If you ever wondered why people hate cops, think about both what this
> guy did and your reaction to it.
>
> **** you again, you piece of ****

Well that makes you much more credible. I'm impressed.

The guy was rude, I'm not defending that, but as long as he got people on
the way then he did that part of his job. He just wasn't very polite about
it.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 24th 05, 03:47 AM
jaybird

"DTJ" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:07:48 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:
>
>>Of course he shouldn't be fired. He's an 18 year veteran with no prior
>>disciplinary action. I wouldn't wish a firing on anyone in any profession
>>with that record, just based on a comment.

> Yes, but you are such a retard you would have said the same thing if
> he shot and killed 20 babies.

No, that would be quite different.

> It was his first offence. Meanwhile
> you would support the death penalty for any young black man who dares
> to drive a car you can't afford.

Driving a car that I can't afford isn't listed in the penal code as a
capital offense.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 24th 05, 03:47 AM
jaybird

"223rem" > wrote in message
om...
> jaybird wrote:
>> "Motorhead Lawyer" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...

>>>Well, yeah; as long as we got *you* to work with ... =;^)

>> I know, I end up being everyone's target because I'm the only one who
>> cares enough to stick around. Other cops have come and gone in here
>> because they don't need to put up with the crap like this guy...

> Are you a 'desk' cop?

Nope.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 24th 05, 04:32 AM
223rem

jaybird wrote:
> "223rem" > wrote in message
> om...

>>Are you a 'desk' cop?

> Nope.

So you guys have internet access in your patrol
cars? Very cool!
Old March 24th 05, 04:58 AM
The Real Bev

jaybird wrote:

> "Matthew Russotto" > wrote:
> > jaybird > wrote:
> >>Of course he shouldn't be fired. He's an 18 year veteran with no prior
> >>disciplinary action. I wouldn't wish a firing on anyone in any profession
> >>with that record, just based on a comment.

> > He's probably got no previous record because the union and other
> > coddlers of incompetence and malfeasance such as yourself got him off
> > the hook in those cases as well.

> No, if you're trying to compare 18 years of service to a couple of 911
> calls, that would've shown up in his work long ago in even more serious
> circumstances. You can't dodge complaints for that long.

What's an 18-year veteran doing answering the 911 phone? From
everything I've heard, in spite of its importance, that's not exactly a
job that requires 18 years of training and experience.

I have also heard that 911 operators are supposed to keep the caller on
the line until help arrives. Hanging up on the caller with a snotty
remark doesn't seem to fit that part of the job description.

--
Cheers, Bev
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
Old March 24th 05, 06:16 AM
L Sternn

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 02:39:46 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:

>> The difference is most people are held accountable for things that
>> they say and do.
>>
>> This cop could have been responsible for people dying, and you want to
>> give him a pass.

>I believe that even in the follow up articles it was stated that his
>comments had no effect on the response time.

No harm, no foul?

Do you really believe that?

I'd love to hear an explanation as to why it didn't matter. He hung
up on someone reporting a very serious accident that the police were
not already responding to. The accident was serious enough to be
fatal.

Even if his gross misconduct and reckless endangerment didn't actually
lead to any further injury, the potential was certainly there.

That is why he should be fired.
Old March 24th 05, 06:18 AM
L Sternn

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 00:17:31 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> wrote:

>"Cartlon Shew" > wrote in message
>news >
>> Why is nearly everyone neglecting the fact that he HUNG UP on people
>> calling 911?

>The consensus among the directly-involved parties seems to be that the lad
>would have died before help arrived even if the officer had dispatched an
>ambulance immediately.

And I'm saying that it doesn't matter. Hanging up on emergency calls
should be more than enough cause to fire his ass.

Old March 24th 05, 06:34 AM
L Sternn

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 02:46:06 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:

>"L Sternn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:07:48 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:
>>
>>>Of course he shouldn't be fired. He's an 18 year veteran with no prior
>>>disciplinary action. I wouldn't wish a firing on anyone in any profession
>>>with that record, just based on a comment.

>> How ****ing predictable.
>>
>> He could have been responsible for the deaths of many people.

>Where do you get that from?

Are you stupid?

Intentionally disconnecting emergency calls should be a crime if it
isn't already. The POTENTIAL for it to result in death makes it very
serious.

This pig was lucky.

> The comment had nothing to do with the response
>time.

And that in no way excuses hanging up on people calling 911 with real
emergencies.

>> He willingly and knowingly refused to perform his job.

>No, he did his job when he dispatched units to the scene.

He did not.

Care to explain how he could have done so since he hung up on the
caller?

In fact, he hung up on 2 different people and he didn't dispatch ****.

The ambulance was dispatched by someone who took their job seriously.

911 is not for playing games. As a cop, you should know that and so
should the piece of **** Peasley.

>> His attitude towards those he was supposed to help is just icing on
>> the cake.
>>
>> **** him and **** you jaybird.
>>
>> If you ever wondered why people hate cops, think about both what this
>> guy did and your reaction to it.
>>
>> **** you again, you piece of ****

>Well that makes you much more credible. I'm impressed.

I'm not sorry if you take offense. I take offense to your cavalier
attitude towards public safety.

Your defense of someone who willfully put members of the public gives
you zero credibility.

>The guy was rude, I'm not defending that,

And I'm not complaining about his being rude.

>but as long as he got people on
>the way then he did that part of his job.

No, he did NOT.

He hung up on the 1st 2 callers and probably would have continued
hanging up on them had a THIRD call that was answered by a DIFFERENT
dispatcher who then dispatched an ambulance.

>He just wasn't very polite about
>it.

No. You're either intentionally lying or you haven't even bothered to
read up on this incident.

Which is it?

Here's a couple of links just in case you're merely ignorant:

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?s=3107048
(includes a link to audio of the 911 calls)

http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2005/911.asp
(this one's short enough that you shouldn't have too much
trouble reading the whole thing)

Old March 24th 05, 06:36 AM
L Sternn

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:58:12 -0800, The Real Bev
> wrote:

>jaybird wrote:

>> > He's probably got no previous record because the union and other
>> > coddlers of incompetence and malfeasance such as yourself got him off
>> > the hook in those cases as well.

>> No, if you're trying to compare 18 years of service to a couple of 911
>> calls, that would've shown up in his work long ago in even more serious
>> circumstances. You can't dodge complaints for that long.

>What's an 18-year veteran doing answering the 911 phone? From
>everything I've heard, in spite of its importance, that's not exactly a
>job that requires 18 years of training and experience.
>
>I have also heard that 911 operators are supposed to keep the caller on
>the line until help arrives. Hanging up on the caller with a snotty
>remark doesn't seem to fit that part of the job description.

And they're supposed to dispatch help.

This cop didn't do that. Help was only dispatched after a 3rd call to
911 which was answered by someone else.
Old March 24th 05, 06:38 AM
L Sternn

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:16:53 -0600, DTJ > wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:25:35 -0500, Car > wrote:
>
>>From the Hartford Courant
>>
>>Trooper Suspended 15 Days
>>
>>Response To 911 Call Called Inappropriate
>>
>>A state trooper was suspended for 15 days without pay Monday
>>for telling the friend of a seriously injured motorcyclist
>>"too bad," and hanging up on him when he called 911 for help
>>last August.
>>
>>State police said Trooper Robert Peasley's behavior did not
>>affect the response time to the accident or contribute to the
>>death of Justin Sawyer, 21, of Bozrah. Sawyer died of head
>>injuries several days after the crash in Bozrah.

>Nobody should care if he contributed to the death, the point is that
>he could have, and probably will the next time. He should be charged
>with murder for the same reason that a criminal involved in a crime
>where someone dies is charged with murder. The cop committed a crime,
>and someone died, he should hang.

I'm glad someone besides me isn't blinded by the argument that the cop
was merely being rude.