Licensed in WA, got ticket in CA ??

Old November 11th 05, 01:46 AM
Patti

Default Licensed in WA, got ticket in CA ??

Does anyone know if if is possible to keep 'points' off my record in WA
after a speeding ticket in CA? I called WA DOL, and the answer I
received was, "If it is reported to us as a conviction, then it will go
against your record. If it is reported to us as a 'dismissal' because
you attend traffic school, then it won't go against your record."
Um... can anyone translate that for me?!? LOL The ticket was in
Siskiyou County, if that makes a difference. Yes, I was speeding, and
I have no problem paying the fine, but I would like it to *not* effect
my insurance rates if I can. This was my first ticket in over 10
years.

Thanks!

Old November 11th 05, 02:29 AM
Arif Khokar

Patti wrote:

> Yes, I was speeding, and
> I have no problem paying the fine, but I would like it to *not* effect
> my insurance rates if I can.

If you don't mind paying the fine, then you shouldn't mind having to pay
for additional auto insurance surcharges.

If I were you, I'd try to get out of paying for either (prepare a
defense, go to court and possibly get an acquittal). Try
http://www.motorists.org for more information.
Old November 11th 05, 05:03 AM
Dave

Patti wrote:
> Does anyone know if if is possible to keep 'points' off my record in WA
> after a speeding ticket in CA? I called WA DOL, and the answer I
> received was, "If it is reported to us as a conviction, then it will go
> against your record. If it is reported to us as a 'dismissal' because
> you attend traffic school, then it won't go against your record."
> Um... can anyone translate that for me?!? LOL The ticket was in
> Siskiyou County, if that makes a difference. Yes, I was speeding, and
> I have no problem paying the fine, but I would like it to *not* effect
> my insurance rates if I can. This was my first ticket in over 10
> years.
>
> Thanks!

If you want to use your "free pass" Cali will mail you an offer to pay
$110 or so, and take online traffic school. Dismissed in exchange,
otherwise you'll have to go back to fight it. California is a popular
vacation destination, and they (in some areas) target tourists.

They probably will go after you one way or another if you try to do
nothing, so the easiest and cheapest way to handle it might be the
traffic school option. You can go back to fight it, but that might
cost a bit.

Sorry, my state does this a lot.

Dave

Old November 11th 05, 07:01 AM
Garth Almgren

Around 11/10/2005 4:46 PM, Patti wrote:

> Does anyone know if if is possible to keep 'points' off my record in WA
> after a speeding ticket in CA? I called WA DOL, and the answer I
> received was, "If it is reported to us as a conviction, then it will go
> against your record. If it is reported to us as a 'dismissal' because
> you attend traffic school, then it won't go against your record."
> Um... can anyone translate that for me?!?

Paying the fine = Conviction.

I suggest taking an online traffic class, if it's an option.

> LOL The ticket was in
> Siskiyou County, if that makes a difference. Yes, I was speeding, and
> I have no problem paying the fine, but I would like it to *not* effect
> my insurance rates if I can. This was my first ticket in over 10
> years.

That's up to your insurance company, not the DOL. One ticket in 10
years? They might not care; Talk to your agent - ideally, hypothetically.

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.
Old November 12th 05, 06:29 AM
Furious George

Patti wrote:
> Does anyone know if if is possible to keep 'points' off my record in WA
> after a speeding ticket in CA?

I sure hope not.

> I called WA DOL, and the answer I
> received was, "If it is reported to us as a conviction, then it will go
> against your record. If it is reported to us as a 'dismissal' because
> you attend traffic school, then it won't go against your record."
> Um... can anyone translate that for me?!?

They spoke in plain English. I am sorry I don't know retard so I can't
translate it for you.

> LOL The ticket was in
> Siskiyou County, if that makes a difference.

This makes a hell of a lot of difference.

> Yes, I was speeding, and
> I have no problem paying the fine, but I would like it to *not* effect
> my insurance rates if I can.

IOW you want a free ride off the safe drivers. Scratch a liar find a
thief.

> This was my first ticket in over 10
> years.

IOW you're a chronic repeat offender. Society has a use for people
like you at the license plate factory. I hope the judge tosses you in
jail and throws away the key.

Shame on you.

Old November 14th 05, 05:08 PM
Larry Bud

> > This was my first ticket in over 10
> > years.

> IOW you're a chronic repeat offender. Society has a use for people
> like you at the license plate factory. I hope the judge tosses you in
> jail and throws away the key.

What nonsense. 1 in 10 years means maybe 5 or 6 in a lifetime. Run
into the wrong cop before the month's end and you're a victim of a
quota.

Old November 15th 05, 03:35 AM
Furious George

Larry Bud wrote:
> > > This was my first ticket in over 10
> > > years.

> > IOW you're a chronic repeat offender. Society has a use for people
> > like you at the license plate factory. I hope the judge tosses you in
> > jail and throws away the key.

> What nonsense. 1 in 10 years means maybe 5 or 6 in a lifetime. Run
> into the wrong cop before the month's end and you're a victim of a
> quota.

You are dumber than dubya. If you weren't speeding, you would not be
running into cops. BTW if you run into cops, you're not a victim. Or
is it OK in your books to crash into someone of the law enforcement
profession.