Is Ford Running on Empty?

Old July 24th 06, 04:01 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

Default Is Ford Running on Empty?

What I said was Toyota give the impression their cars are far more fuel
efficient than domestic which is not factual. CAFE is based on weighted
sales. The CAFE for the Camry looks high because eight out to ten Camrys
sold in the US have only a 4 cy engine, while most of it competitors have a
V6 as standard. equipment. GM and Ford offer more models that get 30 MPG
or more than dies Toyota. Toyota does have smaller cars that get better
mileage but their Trucks and SUVs are not better or as good as some of the
SUVs and trucks or similar size and engines and around half of the vehicles
sold in the US are trucks and SUVs. Someone recently compared GMs Cobalt to
the Corolla but the Corolla has a smaller engine. Smaller cars and truck
with smaller engines can get better mileage but many drivers do not buy for
fuel economy alone, and will not be satisfied with underpowered cars just to
get a few miles more per gallon, I suspect.

mike hunt

Old July 24th 06, 07:32 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Whitelightning

"Jeff" > wrote in message
k.net...

> > customer coming back and they don't.

> Actually, American car makers know how to keep costumers coming back.
> Otherwise, they wouldn't have costumers. No one who has owned a foreign

car
> will go back and buy American ;-)

While stationed over seas in Germany for 4 years, two Simcas, one VW bug, a
Jetta, after getting out of the service I was given a Datsun 510 sedan, what
a piece of **** that was. Engine could puke a headgasket faster than a
Vega, and the Borg-Warner automatic made a lemon look sweet. and I had a VW
transporter for awhile, nightmare on elm street fuel injection system, and
leak oil worse than a Detroit two stroke. The Simca's were hot and cold,
the 1500 was a nice car, but no oil pump, splasher system (this was a 72
year model) so one had to be careful , The Bagheera on the other hand I
would have loved to bring back, mid engine 3 bucket seats abreast, with
minor engine mods it was fast as hell and corner like a dream.
http://www.rootes-chrysler.co.uk/car...-bagheera.html
For those not in the know, the Simca 1100 series was the basis for the Omni
and Horizon.
so I've owned a few foreign cars, worked on almost every brand, asian and
european from Yugos and Hyundai's, to Jag s,Rolls, and Bentleys, I'll stick
with American Iron, they last longer, and over a lifetime, need less work.

Whitelightning

Old October 8th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Susie Weaver

Default 2003 Torch Red Mach 1 for sale

Wondered if you could help me out. I've got the above Mustang for sale. Has
less than 20,000 miles. I've kept it garaged, wiped down the engine after
every stroll, have babied it. It's like new.

I've had it listed in newspapers, online, since July with plenty hits, but
with very few interested calls. What is it about the Mach's?

Oh, and I've gone down to $18,000

Can you give me some advice?