One-Off 1954 Corvette Nomad.jpg (1/1)-1-2

Old February 3rd 09, 07:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc[_2_]

Default One-Off 1954 Corvette Nomad.jpg-1-2 - "1954 Chevrolet GM Motorama Corvettes B&W.jpg" - "corvair1.jpg"

On 3-Feb-2009, Square Wheels > wrote:

> > I really like the Corvair.

> Is it a one-off as well?

Yes, this guy is good with fiberglass and probably finished the project by
now. Somebody ripped off his information to make their own, so he hasn't
posted a newer pic.

--
Z~
Old February 3rd 09, 07:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc[_2_]

Default One-Off 1954 Corvette Nomad.jpg-1-2 - "1954 Chevrolet Corvette Nomad fvr.jpg"

On 3-Feb-2009, Square Wheels > wrote:

> > This car's been around our area for a few years.

> Any idea as to how many millions that's worth.....?

Nope. Only B-J could determine that I think.

--
Z~
Old February 3rd 09, 08:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
John Szalay

Default One-Off 1954 Corvette Nomad.jpg-1-2 - "1954 Chevrolet GM Motorama Corvettes B&W.jpg" - "wagon01.jpg"

Square Wheels > wrote in
newsan.2009.02.03.11.09.57.447285@069_flashinthe pan.pan:

> On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 10:02:04 +0000, Zinc wrote:
>
>> I really like the Corvair.

> OK, I'll bite.
>
> Is this actually a new Corvair?
>
> It's ... different!
>

> SW

it was new in 1954 anyway....

http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/54...54corvair.html
Old February 4th 09, 12:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Zinc" > wrote in message
> This car's been around our area for a few years.

Actually the one in our area that resembles the one in the middle in your
B&W pic is not the genuine article --- only a wannabe.

It is a heavily modified '55 or '56 full size car (not a Corvette), possibly
but not necessarily a Nomad originally.

We've both seen it many times. Frankly I've stopped looking at it when I
see it because the guy never quite finishes it. It's in a perpetual state
of incompletion and pretty tacky under close inspection.

I assume there is or was a source for a kit to do the mods because I've seen
a few. Mostly in pictures.
--
Pat Durkin

Old February 5th 09, 07:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Peter C[_2_]

I held back saying anything when I saw the pics but I couldn't believe
someone would take an actual one-off car and add a third brake light and CD
player, windsheild wiper switch and cupholders. There was a black one here
in the Pacific Northwest for a while.

Peter C

news

Old February 5th 09, 07:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Peter C[_2_]

I held back saying anything when I saw the pics but I couldn't believe
someone would take an actual one-off car and add a third brake light and CD
player, windsheild wiper switch and cupholders. There was a black one here
in the Pacific Northwest for a while.

Peter C

news

Old February 5th 09, 04:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
John Bradley

Worth what one will pay for a kit car,
www.corvettenomad.com

john

newsan.2009.02.03.11.06.48.807198@069_flashinthe pan.pan...

Old February 5th 09, 04:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
John Bradley

Old February 5th 09, 04:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline
Banned

"John Bradley" > wrote in message
technologygroup...
> Worth what one will pay for a kit car,
> www.corvettenomad.com

My god that guy went to a lot of work. Sure had a nice result.

Well apparently his wasn't a kit job. I can't imagine several other people
around the country simultaneously undertaking the same conversion
independently but if there's no kit available that's the only explanation
for the existence of several existing versions of the same thing.
--
Pat Durkin

Old February 8th 09, 03:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Skip[_3_] Skip[_3_] is offline
Banned

This is, ummm, interesting...

--