Shelby Motorcycle

Old February 13th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Đavīd

Default Shelby Motorcycle

February 8, 2007 Carroll Shelby International and Rucker Performance
unveiled a limited production Shelby motorcycle at the Cincinnati
V-Twin Expo last week. The high performance motorcycle was developed
in partnership between the two companies and will be built by Rucker
Performance. Sticking to his tried and true formula of brute
horsepower in a lightweight frame, the powerhouse is a new S&S
X-Wedge 128 c.i.d. engine with closed loop VFI fuel injection that
churns out a healthy 150 bhp. Each Shelby motorcycle can be custom
painted according to the owner's personal tastes and includes a
special edition logo. In addition, a complete line of Shelby
merchandise including apparel, accessories and limited edition
collector's items will be available. Initial production of the Shelby
will be a very limited edition run of 25 motorcycles that will be
available for purchase by the third quarter of this year. Production
of a second round of bikes will begin in the fall of 2007.

Shelby Automobiles manufactures high performance Shelby vehicles,
including the new 2007 Ford Shelby GT, under the guidance of the
legendary Carroll Shelby.

"It's no secret that stuffing a powerful American motor into a
lightweight chassis has been my formula for success," noted Carroll
Shelby, CEO of Shelby Automobiles. "Working with Bill Rucker and his
team, we've taken this same approach on the new Shelby motorcycle. My
team at Shelby Automobiles has worked closely with Rucker Performance
to create a motorcycle that offers the same thrill as driving my
Cobra."

The specs of this pro-stock style bike make any enthusiast's heart
beat faster. Racing-style front forks and a high performance braking
system with ceramic brake rotors make it nimble, while the Pingel 1-6
electric shifting system and air ride suspension make it comfortable.
To keep the bike svelte, the upper body and wheels were built of
carbon fiber while Superform create the aluminum body panels.

"While Porsche has designed bicycles and BMW snowboards, Carroll's
been looking for an opportunity to apply our 40 years of experience
to a world class motorcycle program," added Shelby Automobiles
President Amy Boylan,. "He's ridden motorcycles most of his life, so
we created a partnership with a manufacturer that meets the high
performance standards associated with the Shelby name. This project
demonstrates the potential for design and engineering innovation
available at Shelby Automobiles. We're excited to launch this
motorcycle and watch yet another Shelby product move to the front of
the pack."

Davīd
Greenville, NC

Old February 14th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Paul[_14_]

"Đavīd" > wrote in message
om...
> February 8, 2007 Carroll Shelby International and Rucker Performance
> unveiled a limited production Shelby motorcycle at the Cincinnati
> V-Twin Expo last week. The high performance motorcycle was developed
> in partnership between the two companies and will be built by Rucker
> Performance. Sticking to his tried and true formula of brute
> horsepower in a lightweight frame, the powerhouse is a new S&S
> X-Wedge 128 c.i.d. engine with closed loop VFI fuel injection that
> churns out a healthy 150 bhp. Each Shelby motorcycle can be custom
> painted according to the owner's personal tastes and includes a
> special edition logo. In addition, a complete line of Shelby
> merchandise including apparel, accessories and limited edition
> collector's items will be available. Initial production of the Shelby
> will be a very limited edition run of 25 motorcycles that will be
> available for purchase by the third quarter of this year. Production
> of a second round of bikes will begin in the fall of 2007.

150 bhp... Let's see, my car has 150 bhp and weighs about 3,400 pounds. This
bike has the same and weighs, what, a few hundred pounds?

Good luck, you Shelby motorcyclists.

Paul

Old February 20th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Grumbler

"Đavīd" > wrote:
> February 8, 2007 Carroll Shelby International and Rucker Performance
> unveiled a limited production Shelby motorcycle <...>

http://www.ruckerperformance.com/shelbymotorcycle.htm

-=G