Westsidecars

Old February 12th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
CB

Default Westsidecars

Sellers of vintage/muscle cars beware. If you have placed an ad for
your vintage car you will get a call from 2 german guys (Stephen and
Jens) wanting to see it. They pretend to speak very little english.
After they arrive they appear to speak very good english but are
communicating among themselves in german (rude to say the least). They
start taking pics of your car without your permission and tell you all
the negatives about your car. Eventually make an offer many thousands
of dollars less than the sale price. By the time they are done, you
would think they are doing you a favor buying it. The keep trying to
entice you with a quick deal and try to arrange to get the car the
next day on a weekend knowing the banks are closed and you could not
possibly verify funds or the authenticity of a cashiers check. They
never disclose they are buying cars for their clients in germany and
this is a 100% foreign deal. Good grief, I was never so happy to see a
potential buyer leave!

Old February 12th 07, 08:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
66StangMan[_2_]

Same goes for selling online. Especially beware of those who send you a
cashiers check for more than the agreed amount, and asks you to forward the
extra amount on to their shipper. Also when you get the check, look at it
really close. I had sold a car and this was pulled on me. Looking at the
cashiers check, it sorta looked like a photo copy, and on the back, the
lines where you sign it wasn't lined up properly. This guy tried to get me
for $5,000.00. Luckily being suspicious of this guy, I told him that I
wouldn't release the vehicle nor the funds to the shipper till the check
cleared. It did end up costing me $30.00 for that check being a phony.

66StangMan

Old February 17th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

I had lots of similar offers for my 66FB. Fortunately, Hemmings had
put out an alert.

Anything you deposit into your bank, you are responsible for. So, if
you deposit a check or MO, and you write a personal check for, say,
$5,000 to a third party. Then the check or MO turns out to be bad, YOU
are responsible for reimbursing the bank, AND, you also get nailed for
overdraft/NSF fees.

One of the biggies was they offered exactly what I was asking, SIGHT
UNSEEN. Then they went into the "shipper excess funds already in the
check/MO.

But it's not just cars. A friends father was just contacted about a
vacation home he is selling in the US Virgin Islands. Same deal, just
different product.