Take a Vehicular Vacation

Old January 21st 12, 02:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default Take a Vehicular Vacation

900 bucks gives you six dream cars for the day.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...150-mile-drive

I have a friend who did this. He said it was worth every dime.

Patrick
Old January 22nd 12, 03:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

" > wrote in message
> 900 bucks gives you six dream cars for the day.
>
> http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...150-mile-drive
>
> I have a friend who did this. He said it was worth every dime.
>
> Patrick

I'll use my Hotel Room analogy...

Recently stayed at a beautiful hotel down in D.C. As nice as the room was, I
still had complaints - the pillows were so fluffy as to be unusable; the
shower head was one of those prickly rain types. Yes, the room was clean and
sparse, but I couldn't wait to get home to my messy house, with pillows that
had my own head indent in them, and a shower head that didn't hurt.

I'm sure that driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini at 45mph on a Florida highway
is a hoot, but I'm a creature of habit and comfort. I'm just not interested
in driving a rental far above my means. Part of me prefers the uniquely-mine
familiarity with TFrog, and the other part of me is afraid that a Ferrari
would completely destroy my relationship with my own car.

Yes, TFrog and I have an open marriage, of sorts. TFrog lets me drive CFrog
once in a while, but only because it knows that I'll always "come home to"
TFrog. If I stepped out with a dream car, TFrog would never forgive me.

dwight

Old January 22nd 12, 05:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Bob Willard

On 1/22/2012 9:35 AM, dwight wrote:

> " > wrote in message
>> 900 bucks gives you six dream cars for the day.
>>
>> http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...150-mile-drive
>>

>> I have a friend who did this. He said it was worth every dime.
>>
>> Patrick

> I'll use my Hotel Room analogy...
>
> Recently stayed at a beautiful hotel down in D.C. As nice as the room
> was, I still had complaints - the pillows were so fluffy as to be
> unusable; the shower head was one of those prickly rain types. Yes, the
> room was clean and sparse, but I couldn't wait to get home to my messy
> house, with pillows that had my own head indent in them, and a shower
> head that didn't hurt.
>
> I'm sure that driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini at 45mph on a Florida
> highway is a hoot, but I'm a creature of habit and comfort. I'm just not
> interested in driving a rental far above my means. Part of me prefers
> the uniquely-mine familiarity with TFrog, and the other part of me is
> afraid that a Ferrari would completely destroy my relationship with my
> own car.
>
> Yes, TFrog and I have an open marriage, of sorts. TFrog lets me drive
> CFrog once in a while, but only because it knows that I'll always "come
> home to" TFrog. If I stepped out with a dream car, TFrog would never
> forgive me.
>
> dwight

Cars sure can be jealous. I once picked up a Ferrari sweatshirt on a
trip. When I got home, the first time I got in my Mustang wearing that
Ferrari sweatshirt, I didn't get two blocks from home before my Mustang
dropped its muffler onto the street.
--
Cheers, Bob
Old January 22nd 12, 06:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Jan 22, 8:35*am, "dwight" > wrote:
> " > wrote in message

> > 900 bucks gives you six dream cars for the day.

> >http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...10310/1148/aut...

> > I have a friend who did this. *He said it was worth every dime.

> > Patrick

> I'll use my Hotel Room analogy...
>
> Recently stayed at a beautiful hotel down in D.C. As nice as the room was, I
> still had complaints - the pillows were so fluffy as to be unusable; the
> shower head was one of those prickly rain types. Yes, the room was clean and
> sparse, but I couldn't wait to get home to my messy house, with pillows that
> had my own head indent in them, and a shower head that didn't hurt.
>
> I'm sure that driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini at 45mph on a Florida highway
> is a hoot, but I'm a creature of habit and comfort. I'm just not interested
> in driving a rental far above my means. Part of me prefers the uniquely-mine
> familiarity with TFrog, and the other part of me is afraid that a Ferrari
> would completely destroy my relationship with my own car.
>
> Yes, TFrog and I have an open marriage, of sorts. TFrog lets me drive CFrog
> once in a while, but only because it knows that I'll always "come home to"
> TFrog. If I stepped out with a dream car, TFrog would never forgive me.

dwight,

Good point. While my friend loves performance cars, his driver is
some generic, Asian subcompact.

Patrick
Old January 23rd 12, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

"Bob Willard" > wrote in message
> On 1/22/2012 9:35 AM, dwight wrote:
>>
>> " > wrote in message
>>> 900 bucks gives you six dream cars for the day.
>>>
>>> http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...150-mile-drive
>>>

>>> I have a friend who did this. He said it was worth every dime.
>>>
>>> Patrick

>> I'll use my Hotel Room analogy...
>>
>> Recently stayed at a beautiful hotel down in D.C. As nice as the room
>> was, I still had complaints - the pillows were so fluffy as to be
>> unusable; the shower head was one of those prickly rain types. Yes, the
>> room was clean and sparse, but I couldn't wait to get home to my messy
>> house, with pillows that had my own head indent in them, and a shower
>> head that didn't hurt.
>>
>> I'm sure that driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini at 45mph on a Florida
>> highway is a hoot, but I'm a creature of habit and comfort. I'm just not
>> interested in driving a rental far above my means. Part of me prefers
>> the uniquely-mine familiarity with TFrog, and the other part of me is
>> afraid that a Ferrari would completely destroy my relationship with my
>> own car.
>>
>> Yes, TFrog and I have an open marriage, of sorts. TFrog lets me drive
>> CFrog once in a while, but only because it knows that I'll always "come
>> home to" TFrog. If I stepped out with a dream car, TFrog would never
>> forgive me.
>>
>> dwight
>>

> Cars sure can be jealous. I once picked up a Ferrari sweatshirt on a
> trip. When I got home, the first time I got in my Mustang wearing that
> Ferrari sweatshirt, I didn't get two blocks from home before my Mustang
> dropped its muffler onto the street.
> --
> Cheers, Bob

Ah-HAH! See?

I guess I'm fortunate that TFrog breaks down in my own driveway, more than
out and about...

dwight

Old January 23rd 12, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake "dwight" > :

" > wrote in message
>> 900 bucks gives you six dream cars for the day.
>>
>> http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...150-mile-drive
>>
>> I have a friend who did this. He said it was worth every dime.
>>
>> Patrick

>I'll use my Hotel Room analogy...
>
>Recently stayed at a beautiful hotel down in D.C. As nice as the room was, I
>still had complaints - the pillows were so fluffy as to be unusable; the
>shower head was one of those prickly rain types. Yes, the room was clean and
>sparse, but I couldn't wait to get home to my messy house, with pillows that
>had my own head indent in them, and a shower head that didn't hurt.

I agree. And good medium priced hotels suffer the same problems.
Although mainly because they're owned by the pricey ones. There's a
car based analogy there, but I don't have the time.

>I'm sure that driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini at 45mph on a Florida highway
>is a hoot, but I'm a creature of habit and comfort. I'm just not interested
>in driving a rental far above my means. Part of me prefers the uniquely-mine
>familiarity with TFrog, and the other part of me is afraid that a Ferrari
>would completely destroy my relationship with my own car.

If I'm going to drive a Ferrari or Lambo, I want to stretch it out.

I once owned a 308GT4. I miss that car, but not the "fun" of synching
the carbs, since I had no ambition of paying the Ferrari dealer what
they wanted to do any work on it. But I did manage to sell it for
about 25% over what I paid for it. 18 months earlier.

>Yes, TFrog and I have an open marriage, of sorts. TFrog lets me drive CFrog
>once in a while, but only because it knows that I'll always "come home to"
>TFrog. If I stepped out with a dream car, TFrog would never forgive me.

Daily driver is a '08 Fit. Fun car to drive and practical, too.
Particularly if I start raising Lamas :-)

--

- dillon I am not invalid

So Kim Jung Ill shows up at the barbecue. "Wait,"
says Qadaffi, "you don't have any peircings." "If you
starve your people enough they'll be too weak to rebbel."
"You have the same number of holes in your head as when
you were born," says bin Laden. "My compound had radar
and antiacraft misslles." "Your neck," shouted Hussein,
"it's the same length." "I didn't **** on W's father."
"Then what happened?" the three asked. "Damned counterfiet
Lipitor and insulin!"
Old January 23rd 12, 05:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake Bob Willard > :

>On 1/22/2012 9:35 AM, dwight wrote:
>>
>> " > wrote in message
>>> 900 bucks gives you six dream cars for the day.
>>>
>>> http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...150-mile-drive
>>>

>>> I have a friend who did this. He said it was worth every dime.
>>>
>>> Patrick

>> I'll use my Hotel Room analogy...
>>
>> Recently stayed at a beautiful hotel down in D.C. As nice as the room
>> was, I still had complaints - the pillows were so fluffy as to be
>> unusable; the shower head was one of those prickly rain types. Yes, the
>> room was clean and sparse, but I couldn't wait to get home to my messy
>> house, with pillows that had my own head indent in them, and a shower
>> head that didn't hurt.
>>
>> I'm sure that driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini at 45mph on a Florida
>> highway is a hoot, but I'm a creature of habit and comfort. I'm just not
>> interested in driving a rental far above my means. Part of me prefers
>> the uniquely-mine familiarity with TFrog, and the other part of me is
>> afraid that a Ferrari would completely destroy my relationship with my
>> own car.
>>
>> Yes, TFrog and I have an open marriage, of sorts. TFrog lets me drive
>> CFrog once in a while, but only because it knows that I'll always "come
>> home to" TFrog. If I stepped out with a dream car, TFrog would never
>> forgive me.
>>
>> dwight
>>

>Cars sure can be jealous. I once picked up a Ferrari sweatshirt on a
>trip. When I got home, the first time I got in my Mustang wearing that
>Ferrari sweatshirt, I didn't get two blocks from home before my Mustang
>dropped its muffler onto the street.

There's a joke comparing planes to women. Planes don't care if you've
been in another plane. Planes don't care if you look at magazines
about hot looking planes.

But, when they start making noise you know you're getting into
trouble. When they stop making noise you KNOW you're in trouble.

Vacation pics are up jbjeep Jeep 6 July 13th 08 03:14 AM
What I did on my summer vacation Kate[_6_] Jeep 2 June 14th 08 06:47 AM
Why does Bush go on vacation during war? artie beamer Simulators 52 April 12th 05 03:23 PM
OT What I did on my vacation Shag VW air cooled 19 February 8th 05 12:32 PM