electric problem

Old October 29th 05, 08:11 PM
david snyder

Default electric problem

I have a 2003 with 10600 miles ive had it 2 weeks and ive lost power 3
times to my drive side door panel and it effects my dash gauges and radio.
turn the car off it will rest set everthing except the door.... drive a few
miles and it will do it again it says lower eng power, low fuel, low tire
pressure etc... Take it home and pull the dash fuse and or the drive side
fuse and it seems to rest everthing.. Help any ideas.... Hope it not the
reason the person got rid of it....

Old October 29th 05, 09:37 PM
L DaVinci

Pull off the accordian between the door and body. Open up the two
wiring connectors there and clean and make sure each wire is seated
properly. Put it back together and you should be okay.

If you need more help, try www.c5forum.com or www.corvettemechanic.com

Old October 31st 05, 01:43 AM
sbright

I had the same problem. Pulled apart the connectors..cleaned..added some
electric tape in some places.. worked for a while, but then when the weather
would change it would act up. I ended up buying a door wiring harness off
ebay for about $20. Havent had any problems for about a year now.

-Stan

Old November 4th 05, 02:51 AM
RJP

If your vette is a 2003 it is still under 3 yr. 36k mile bumper to bumper
warranty. I'd call the nearest chevy
dealership and schedule an appt. let them fix it free of charge ,AND while
it is there tell them to check out
the complete car ,and if it needs anything besides oil change, brakes,tires
have them fix or replace it free
of charge. Lastly if you plan on keeping the car ,call Bowling Green
Kentucky where vettes are built ,Have
them transfer the car in your name ,and you can purchase another 3yrs. and
36k more miles of bumper to bumper
warranty for $1970.00 this can be broken into payments , its good at any
dealership ,and if you sell the car during
that time it transfers to the next buyer. You can't lose you have a brand
new car warranty ,and if you decide
to sell the car it increases the value of your car. Bob 02 ragtop , 78
Silver Anniversary.

Old November 5th 05, 01:48 PM
sbright

I know what you're saying but dealerships won't chase an electrical gremlin
(esp. under warr.).
I have a feeling that maybe when the original owner sold the car he was
tired of xmas lights on the dash. They'll make your Vette less than
desirable to say the least. I found my short by luck. Seems like an exact
replication of the problem here. Makes me upset that it's the same problems
that seem to come up over and over with certain years. You'd think GM would
fix these common problems. I'm sure Joe Bob at the dealership has better
things to do than chase electrical/electronic shorts. My dealer flat out
refused to look for it. By the way-- the harness new costs $350 from the
dealer. (RIP!!) Unless it's handmade or something and even then seems like
a high price.

-Stan
'99 Blown C5
'00 Coupe