ASSHOLE/LOSER

Old November 17th 04, 03:55 PM
Brian McAllister

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:45:43 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
> wrote:

>BTW, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom
>fighter. Remember George Washington? Also, Dubya has been known to use
>the word 'crusade' when referring to his supposed 'War on Terror',
>which is disturbing.

I don't recall George Washington murdering uninvolved civilians in
order to terrorize them or to turn them against the British (who did
murder civilians as examples, much as the Nazis did years later).

Contemporary American usage, for at least a hundred years, defines
"crusade" (Quoting Websters New 20th Century Dictionary) as: "To
support or oppose ANY cause with zeal". (emphasis added) If that is
"disturbing" then you have certainly been guilty of disturbing
behavior recently.

BTW, lest you denounce me as being provincial, I do know the British
spelling of terrorize and behavior. I also know that, in part of the
world, the term redneck refers to someone from the British Isles.

An American who has been to most of the US states, Canadian provinces,
British counties and who has lived in the local economy outside the
Northern Hemisphere,
Brian McAllister

Sarasota, Florida

email bkm at oldtech dot net
Old November 17th 04, 06:06 PM
Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 01:16:08 -0800, "Boffer"
> wrote:

>"Stewart Pinkerton" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Actually I've never been to Hazzard county and since there hasn't been
>>>combat on U.S. soil in over 100 years the answer would be yes, I have been
>>>out of the U.S. I've spent time in the U.K, France, Germany and Italy. I
>>>found most of the people there friendly and intelligent. I've also spent
>>>time in Asia, South America and parts of the Middle east. When was the
>>>last
>>>time you ventured out of your hole?

>> June 2004, we go abroad at least twice a year, one Europe and one long
>> haul, plus the odd long weekend to Paris Rome or Barcelona. I've also
>> worked in Hong Kong, California, Texas, Massachusetts, and Ontario. I
>> found the people mostly friendly and intelligent, except for
>> California, which I'm not sure is actually connected to planet Earth.

>This surprises me because most of the Hollywood elite and the sucking chest
>wound of a city they call San Francisco agree with you and your view.

>>>To date we have never televised the decapitation of any prisoner.

>> But you have just televised the shooting of an unarmed and wounded
>> prisoner in a mosque, by one of your brave Marines.

>Unfortunately, it was an atrocity. But then war by its very nature isn't it?
>I'm sure, as a battle hardened soldier you've done things you regret.
>Biggest difference you and I didn't have a camera there when it happened. If
>you say no then you've either never been in combat or are a liar.

Sniper, so basically a cold-blooded murderer, if you like. As you
point out, bad things happen in war, so calling only the Muslims on
it, when they are hopelessly outgunned and are using all they have, is
hardly productive.

>> I'm referring to Colin Powell, you moron. Now you have a sycophantic
>> hawk bitch with no military experience backing up the fundamentalist
>> religious nutjob that you clowns put back in the Oval Office.

>Hmm... interesting, you just can help but resort to name calling can you?
>Colin Powell is not none for being overly hawkish in fact he's gotten
>criticism for not be hardline enough.

Exactly!

> Dr. Rice however was the National
>Security Advisor so perhaps she will be more hawkish.

Yes, we already know that. That's the problem.......

> George W. is far from
>a fundamentalist.

Whaaaaaat? That far right Christian nutjob? You're kidding, right?

>At least he doesn't have to take a poll before making a
>decision.

Indeed not, in fact he tends not to consult *anyone* before sending in
the big guns..................

>> Northern Ireland. Messy business, bloody stupid, never will be
>> resolved. Our VietNam, but hopefully we learned lessons there, America
>> still thinks that bully-boy tactics, and supporting Israeli oppression
>> of its own non-Jewish citizens, are a good way to reduce the number
>> of anti-American terrorists. Duh...................

>I'll agree with you on most of this. But how do you justify the Muslims in
>other countries that have never been and never will be oppressed by Israel
>or the U.S. raising their children to be terroists?

Why do you expect Britain to back US action? Common cause with
threatened brethren.

> As to reducing the
>number of anti-American terrorists, I couldn't care less what some lunatic
>in a head scarf says, but when they draw blood their demise needs to be
>swift and final.

Ever stop to think *why* they draw blood? Ever wonder how desperate
*you* would have to be to strap a bomb to your body? Believe me, I'm
no 'bleeding heart liberal', I'm just trying to *really* achieve the
*claimed* aim of the US government in reducing the threat of ant-West
terrorism. Strikes me that nuking Tel Aviv would get almost everyone
off your backs................. :-)

>Were it my decision we'd have spent the money on tracking down Al-Queda and
>Bin Laden and exterminating them.

Nom problem there, the CIA should still have all the 'phone numbers
from when they trained tham to harass the Soviets in Afghanistan.

>Then pull completely out of the Middle east and them kill each other. Of
>course along with this the U.N. would be politely asked to leave the U.S.

No real problem with that, although it would help if you'd stop
selling advanced weapons to Israel.

>> Hmmm, I thought the USMC was supposed to be an elite force? The Black
>> Watch is not any kind of 'Special Forces' unit, it's simply one of the
>> fine Highland Regiments that are the backbone of the UK fighting
>> forces. Of course, as a Scot, I would say that! :-)

>Only in the mind of the USMC are they elite. The Corp. was born in a tavern
>and took in almost any man that couldn't get into any other branch.(sorry
>leathernecks, but facts are facts) I'm not slighting their abilities in
>anyway, but they are not special forces.

Interesting. They tell it differently, of course! :-)

> Except for the Force Recon and
>sniper units. So the Black Watch is just another unit in the British army?
>Anyone can be assigned to the unit after completing basic training?

Normally, the Black Watch (42nd Highland Regiment) recruits directly
from the area around their headquarters in Perth, Scotland. While
they are certainly regarded by many as the premier fighting unit of
the Scottish Highland Regiments, themselves the holders of more battle
honours per unit than any other part of the British army (the
legendary Thin Red Line at Balaclava was the Argyll and Sutherland
Highlanders), they are indeed regular infantrymen.

Old November 18th 04, 07:00 AM
Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:16:02 GMT, DTJ > wrote:

>>> I beg to disagree. The fact is that Hitler and the Nazis were far
>>> more respectable than muslim terrorists. I don't recall the Nazis
>>> using religion or God as a deciding factor in who they wanted to kill.

>>True enough they didn't practice genocide in the name of any diety. Just if
>>you differed in anyway from the Arian ideals. But like the Nazi's they blame
>>the Jews for most everything. Good point.

>However that answer is simplistic and inaccurate. There were far more
>people killed who were not jews than there were jews killed. They
>were not even the largest group. It is all in the marketing.

If you're after facts, far and away the heaviest loss of life was in
Russia, with around 20 million dead. It's hard to tot up more than a
couple of million Jews, despite the good marketing, as you say.

Old November 18th 04, 07:02 AM
Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:18:08 GMT, DTJ > wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:45:43 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
> wrote:
>
>>fighter. Remember George Washington? Also, Dubya has been known to use
>>the word 'crusade' when referring to his supposed 'War on Terror',
>>which is disturbing.

>Which shows how ****ing dense you are. In a single speech, just once,
>that word came out. Assholes like you just like to imagine it had
>something to do with what your people did centuries ago. Maybe you
>should study English, so you can understand the meaning of the word
>crusade.

Maybe you should study what that religious nutjob in the ****e House
is intending to do in the Muslim world. There won't be anyone in *his*
administration called Stan, you may be sure!

Old November 19th 04, 10:50 PM
Choky

"Stewart Pinkerton" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:16:02 GMT, DTJ > wrote:

more

> >>True enough they didn't practice genocide in the name of any diety. Just

if
> >>you differed in anyway from the Arian ideals. But like the Nazi's they

blame
> >>the Jews for most everything. Good point.

> >However that answer is simplistic and inaccurate. There were far more
> >people killed who were not jews than there were jews killed. They
> >were not even the largest group. It is all in the marketing.

> If you're after facts, far and away the heaviest loss of life was in
> Russia, with around 20 million dead. It's hard to tot up more than a
> couple of million Jews, despite the good marketing, as you say.
> --
>
> Stewart Pinkerton | Music is Art - Audio is Engineering

or you can look what happens with stupid Serbs in that war.......
interesting ratio of dead vs. population......

--
.................................................. ........................
Choky

"don't use force, "don't use force,
use a larger hammer" use a larger tube
- Choky and IST"
- ZM

Old November 20th 04, 05:48 PM
Stewart Pinkerton

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:50:31 +0100, "Choky" > wrote:

>"Stewart Pinkerton" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:16:02 GMT, DTJ > wrote:

>more

>if

>blame
>> >
>> >However that answer is simplistic and inaccurate. There were far more
>> >people killed who were not jews than there were jews killed. They
>> >were not even the largest group. It is all in the marketing.

>> If you're after facts, far and away the heaviest loss of life was in
>> Russia, with around 20 million dead. It's hard to tot up more than a
>> couple of million Jews, despite the good marketing, as you say.

>or you can look what happens with stupid Serbs in that war.......
>interesting ratio of dead vs. population......

Serbs and Croats were always cannon fodder. Balkan state inhabitants
have been notorious for centuries, for viciousness and stupidity.

Old November 21st 04, 03:18 AM
Franko

Hello Brian and Stewart,

Allow me to say that you two are more alike than you say or think you
aren't... You've both executed your patriotic duties by serving your
countries, and your are both passionate about what/how you feel. Although I
disagree more with what Stewart has said but you both have my respect and
have, certainly, earned the "right" to speak your minds about this and
similar topics. Interesting, too, your perspectives on history, old and
new. Just a reminder that besides the spoils, to the victor, the customized
updated history books. The troll's original message did it's job, eh?

Franko

Old November 21st 04, 10:42 AM
Stewart Pinkerton

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 03:18:43 GMT, "Franko" >
wrote:

>Interesting, too, your perspectives on history, old and
>new. Just a reminder that besides the spoils, to the victor, the customized
>updated history books.

Indeed yes, a lesson learned very well by Stalin! However, good
libraries and/or the InterNet allow us to discover what really
happened in any given era, with relative ease. Apart from who really
killed JFK, of course...............

ASSHOLE/LOSER Stewart Pinkerton 4x4 42 December 8th 04 02:09 PM
ASSHOLE/LOSER zonie 4x4 0 November 9th 04 04:15 AM