GTR: You must be kidding me

Old December 16th 05, 07:48 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GTR: You must be kidding me

I just tried the GTR v2 demo and man what a piece of junk! It would not load
properly and when it did it would not calibrate my wheel. What I did manage
to see looked like a very bad arcade game. As far as I can tell, GPL is
STILL the best. What a disappointment.
If I am missing something, someone please tell me. I have a great computer
and I am no stranger to racing sims, so, if it's something that I am
missing, please tell me. Thanks.

Old December 16th 05, 07:56 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

In article >,
graycat says...

> If I am missing something, someone please tell me. I have a great computer
> and I am no stranger to racing sims, so, if it's something that I am
> missing, please tell me. Thanks.

You're missing something.

--
Cheers,
Rod.
Old December 16th 05, 08:15 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"RodP" > wrote in message
.au...
> In article >,
> graycat says...
>
>> If I am missing something, someone please tell me. I have a great
>> computer
>> and I am no stranger to racing sims, so, if it's something that I am
>> missing, please tell me. Thanks.

> You're missing something.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Rod.

Thanks Rod, that was very helpful.

Old December 16th 05, 09:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

In article > ,
graycat says...

> "RodP" > wrote in message
> .au...
> > In article >,
> > graycat says...
> >
> >> If I am missing something, someone please tell me. I have a great
> >> computer
> >> and I am no stranger to racing sims, so, if it's something that I am
> >> missing, please tell me. Thanks.

> > You're missing something.
> >
> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Rod.

> Thanks Rod, that was very helpful.

I don't know what else you were asking for...?

GTR is worth it.

You didn't give any specs of your system. All you really asked was
whether GTR is worth it, IMO it is.

--
Cheers,
Rod.
Old December 16th 05, 09:36 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"RodP" > wrote in message
. au...
> In article > ,
> graycat says...
>

>> "RodP" > wrote in message
>> .au...
>> > In article >,
>> > graycat says...

>> > You're missing something.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Cheers,
>> > Rod.

>> Thanks Rod, that was very helpful.

> I don't know what else you were asking for...?
>
> GTR is worth it.
>
> You didn't give any specs of your system. All you really asked was
> whether GTR is worth it, IMO it is.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Rod.

I just got through building my new computer, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core,
4800 Toledo CPU. Asus A8N32-SLI-Deluxe. 2 gigs of OCR 4200 gold Ram. 2
Maxtor serial hard drives. This box kicks ass.
When I installed GTR, it kept locking up on me and I had to reboot twice.
Then it would not recognize my Logitech Formula Force wheel and so I never
really got started. I spent about 45 minutes trying to get it right before I
got ****ed off and just quit. This is not a good sign for a sim that people
are saying good things about.
So, if you have any ideas as to why it would not recognize my wheel, that
would be great. Then maybe I could give it a real go.
Anyone else have a problem with their Logitech FF wheel?

Old December 16th 05, 09:48 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

It's quite obviously a system issue, not a game issue. I suggest you seek
help here.... www.gtr-game.com

Your original post was quite poorly thought out by the way. Try to learn to
investigate things thoroughly before typing...

GTR isn't perfect but it's definitely up there with GPL. Better in some
ways and not as good in other ways.

Old December 16th 05, 01:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default You must be kidding me

My understanding is it will not run using Windows XP 64.

Chad
F1simracer
et...

Old December 16th 05, 02:50 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Do you have all of the latest drivers and latest DX9? GTR is a great sim,
it's definetely up there with the best sims imo. If you don't already have
rFactor I would reccomend it too..

Old December 16th 05, 04:20 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

John Smith wrote:
> Do you have all of the latest drivers and latest DX9? GTR is a great sim,
> it's definetely up there with the best sims imo. If you don't already have
> rFactor I would reccomend it too..

John - - on a totally unrelated item, would you mind shooting me an
email to
?

thanks!

Old December 16th 05, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"graycat" > writes:

> I just got through building my new computer, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core,
> 4800 Toledo CPU. Asus A8N32-SLI-Deluxe. 2 gigs of OCR 4200 gold Ram. 2
> Maxtor serial hard drives. This box kicks ass.
> When I installed GTR, it kept locking up on me and I had to reboot twice.
> Then it would not recognize my Logitech Formula Force wheel and so I never
> really got started. I spent about 45 minutes trying to get it right before I
> got ****ed off and just quit. This is not a good sign for a sim that people
> are saying good things about.
> So, if you have any ideas as to why it would not recognize my wheel, that
> would be great. Then maybe I could give it a real go.
> Anyone else have a problem with their Logitech FF wheel?

I have tested the GTR demo, and it works fine with my Logitech MOMO
wheel. It felt a bit twisty and a bit "detached" from the ground, but
that's how I feel most sims feel. I guess it's the difference between
GPL cars and the touring/sports cars in GTR. (hey, I don't know the
difference so I just know it aint a '67 F1 one...)

/andreas

--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?