iRacing: a simulation for grown men and women

Old September 26th 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default iRacing: a simulation for grown men and women

Nuff said. -- Mario Petrinovic
Old September 26th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On 26 sep, 08:40, "Mario Petrinovic" >
wrote:
> Nuff said. -- Mario Petrinovic

That was childish.
Old September 26th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo[_5_]

> wrote in message
> On 26 sep, 08:40, "Mario Petrinovic" >
> wrote:
>> Nuff said. -- Mario Petrinovic

> That was childish.

And the guy has trouble with spelling. I would say, rather, that iRacing is
for the Elite, who think they are the best at everything.

Alan

Old September 26th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Alan Bernardo wrote:

> And the guy has trouble with spelling. I would say, rather, that iRacing is
> for the Elite, who think they are the best at everything.

Nonsense, we know we are best!

Joking aside, iRacing has as diverse a range of members as anything
else, with many varied opinions. Heck they even let loons like
MacPherson in...

The test for iRacing will be to provide for such a diverse group. Some
see iRacing as the ultimate hardcore sim so want physics over everything
else, whilst others want a league type community experience and
development in this area. Others want features as a priority. I don't
think there is a stereotype iRacer...

Cheers
Tony

Old September 26th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Tony R:
> Alan Bernardo:
>> And the guy has trouble with spelling. I would say, rather, that iRacing
>> is for the Elite, who think they are the best at everything.

> Nonsense, we know we are best!
>
> Joking aside, iRacing has as diverse a range of members as anything else,
> with many varied opinions. Heck they even let loons like MacPherson in...
>

> The test for iRacing will be to provide for such a diverse group. Some see
> iRacing as the ultimate hardcore sim so want physics over everything else,
> whilst others want a league type community experience and development in
> this area. Others want features as a priority. I don't think there is a
> stereotype iRacer...

I just got tired of bashing the iRacing by (some) people, because of
their childish reasons. I mean, why on Earth would someone attack such an
excellent simulation? -- Mario Petrinovic

Old September 26th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Adamo Contadino

"Mario Petrinovic" > wrote in
:

> I just got tired of bashing the iRacing by (some) people,
> because of
> their childish reasons. I mean, why on Earth would someone attack such
> an excellent simulation? -- Mario Petrinovic

Because it isn't worth what it costs? Because they force people to use real
names? Because the driving penalty rules suck and are not even reaslistic?
That's a few good reasons I can think of. No game is going to make me
divulge my real name online. That puts a risk on me for identity theft and
it just isn't going to happen. For that reason alone I resent the whole
iRacing concept.
Old September 26th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Adamo Contadino:
>Mario Petrinovic:
>> I just got tired of bashing the iRacing by (some) people,
>> because of
>> their childish reasons. I mean, why on Earth would someone attack such
>> an excellent simulation? -- Mario Petrinovic

> Because it isn't worth what it costs?

Well, don't know about that. I don't have 50 games at home, and
iRacing isn't "just another" game for me. If I by 50 games and every game
costs as much as iRacing cost, for sure the price for those games would be
high. But I buy only 3 games (simulations) per year. Controlers for those
simulations cost more.

> Because they force people to use real names?

In every sport they do that.

> Because the driving penalty rules suck and are not even reaslistic?

It is MORE realistic than without it. And iRacing invented it.
Thanks iRacing.

> That's a few good reasons I can think of. No game is going to make me
> divulge my real name online. That puts a risk on me for identity theft and
> it just isn't going to happen. For that reason alone I resent the whole
> iRacing concept.

Well, my real name is Mario Petrinovic. What's wrong with that?
Somebody else will use it? Well, maybe ther is some other Mario Petrinovic,
what can I do about this? Kill him? -- Mario Petrinovic

Old September 27th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
vigi

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:33:49 GMT, "Alan Bernardo"
> wrote:

>And the guy has trouble with spelling. I would say, rather, that iRacing is
>for the Elite, who think they are the best at everything.

Thank you.
Old September 27th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

vigi:
>Alan Bernardo:
>>And the guy has trouble with spelling. I would say, rather, that iRacing
>>is
>>for the Elite, who think they are the best at everything.

> Thank you.

Quite the opposite. There are a lot of posts in iRacing forum about
being slow, and things like that. There are a lot older people (I am 46),
and there was even an initiative to start an "old farts" club. iRacing tries
to find a category for everyone, but the accent clearly is on maturity.
iRacing concentrate only on things important to racing. All the elements
that attract parents to buy a game for their toddlers so that they can "play
with their little cars" on a computer are left out of iRacing. As a
consequence, MATURE people enjoy iRacing very much. -- Mario Petrinovic

Old September 28th 08, 10:20 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

"Adamo Contadino" > wrote in message
> "Mario Petrinovic" > wrote in
> :
>
>> I just got tired of bashing the iRacing by (some) people,
>> because of
>> their childish reasons. I mean, why on Earth would someone attack such
>> an excellent simulation? -- Mario Petrinovic
>>

> Because it isn't worth what it costs? Because they force people to use
> real
> names? Because the driving penalty rules suck and are not even
> reaslistic?
> That's a few good reasons I can think of. No game is going to make me
> divulge my real name online. That puts a risk on me for identity theft and
> it just isn't going to happen. For that reason alone I resent the whole
> iRacing concept.

What a ****ing tool! For a start the cost is down to the individual and what
they are willing to pay. Looks like thousands are willing to pay the cost.
Also, there's nothing wrong with the penalty system.

BTW, it takes a lot more than just knowing a persons name to steal their
identity!