iRacing: a simulation for grown men and women

Old October 2nd 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

Default iRacing: a simulation for grown men and women

A ****ing Punk fan!

Old October 3rd 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"David Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote in message

> "Jimmy Jazz" > wrote in message
>> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in news:48e44e23$1
>> @dnews.tpgi.com.au:
>>

>>> I wish I had some of your golden brain cells so I could work out if
>>> "Jimmy Jazz" is your real name.
>>>
>>> Do you walk around the streets with a sax singing and playing -
>>>
>>> "I'm Jimmy Jazz, yeah yeah yeah"
>>>
>>> "Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah!
>>>
>>> Sax solo
>>>
>>> Jimmy Jazz - yeah yeah!
>>>
>>> Fist pumps and high fives with anyone nearby?
>>>

>> It's taken from a song by The Clash, moron.

> A ****ing Punk fan!

Bitch punk at that!

Long live the Sex Pistols!

"**** this
and **** that
****ing all the ****a
****'n brat!"

Old October 3rd 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo[_5_]

"Mario Petrinovic" > wrote in message
> Tony R:
>> Alan Bernardo:
>>> And the guy has trouble with spelling. I would say, rather, that
>>> iRacing is for the Elite, who think they are the best at everything.

>> Nonsense, we know we are best!
>>
>> Joking aside, iRacing has as diverse a range of members as anything else,
>> with many varied opinions. Heck they even let loons like MacPherson in...
>>

>> The test for iRacing will be to provide for such a diverse group. Some
>> see iRacing as the ultimate hardcore sim so want physics over everything
>> else, whilst others want a league type community experience and
>> development in this area. Others want features as a priority. I don't
>> think there is a stereotype iRacer...

> I just got tired of bashing the iRacing by (some) people, because
> of their childish reasons. I mean, why on Earth would someone attack such
> an excellent simulation? -- Mario Petrinovic

I am not necessarily attacking the simulation. If you want to spend the
money to race, then go ahead and spend it. I don't think paying for
something that I can't play the way I want competively is something I want
to do.

But out of iRacing comes this elitist attitude that I just don't care to be
a part of. ("Since we race iRacing, we are the best there is. Please don't
join if you are not the best. We accept nothing less, and anything less
will not be accepted.")

Alan

Old October 3rd 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

m...

That's just plain bull****. Why do you have to lie?

Old October 3rd 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jimmy Jazz

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in
:

> Bitch punk at that!
>
> Long live the Sex Pistols!
>
> "**** this
> and **** that
> ****ing all the ****a
> ****'n brat!"

"Beat on the brat with a baseball bat".

Browny points if you know which band wrote that line.
Old October 3rd 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Alan Bernardo:
>Mario Petrinovic:
>> Tony R:
>>> Alan Bernardo:
>>>
>>> Nonsense, we know we are best!
>>>
>>> Joking aside, iRacing has as diverse a range of members as anything
>>> else, with many varied opinions. Heck they even let loons like
>>> MacPherson in...
>>>
>>> The test for iRacing will be to provide for such a diverse group. Some
>>> see iRacing as the ultimate hardcore sim so want physics over everything
>>> else, whilst others want a league type community experience and
>>> development in this area. Others want features as a priority. I don't
>>> think there is a stereotype iRacer...

>> I just got tired of bashing the iRacing by (some) people, because
>> of their childish reasons. I mean, why on Earth would someone attack such
>> an excellent simulation? -- Mario Petrinovic

> I am not necessarily attacking the simulation. If you want to spend the
> money to race, then go ahead and spend it. I don't think paying for
> something that I can't play the way I want competively is something I want
> to do.
>
> But out of iRacing comes this elitist attitude that I just don't care to
> be a part of. ("Since we race iRacing, we are the best there is. Please
> don't join if you are not the best. We accept nothing less, and anything
> less will not be accepted.") Alan

But all this simply isn't true. Believe me, everybody can DRIVE this
sim competively. The only thing that is needed is that you take this
COMPETITION seriously. iRacers simply don't want to play games. They only
want to have this sport. This is what they always wanted, only nobody could
manage to materialize that. Now iRacing managed. Previous sims suffered in
that regard because they had to satisfy every silliness that is around, to
be able to collect money for that. A lot of little money, for every
silliness a bit. Now iRacing decided to get rid of silliness, but for that
they need to charge more money. It is simple as that, simple mathematics,
nothing else.
Previous sims got to have arcade mode, above car driving view, no
damage, and similar things. Previous simmers had to tolerate every child
that comes around. Now that is all gone, thanks God.
I definitely don't think that I am the best, and also 95% of iRacers
know that they are not the best, being beaten every day by better drivers.
But, it is true that the best drivers take this thing seriously, and they
all gathered at iRacing. It is just a beautiful sight to see them all at one
place, competing with each other. -- Mario Petrinovic

Old October 4th 08, 11:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in message
m...

> But out of iRacing comes this elitist attitude that I just don't care to
> be a part of. ("Since we race iRacing, we are the best there is. Please
> don't join if you are not the best. We accept nothing less, and anything
> less will not be accepted.")
>
> Alan

Funny that - that's EXACTLY what WOULD make me want to join!

Cry baby bunting!

Old October 4th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
vigi

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 17:11:46 GMT, "Alan Bernardo"
> wrote:

><crap snipped>

Boohoo.