How many VW's on your block?

Old January 9th 05, 05:24 PM
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Default How many VW's on your block?

I was outside shoveling the snow off the street this morning after church,
cleaning up the parking places a bit and was looking down the block... now,
where I used to live, we were the only VW on the block, but on our block now
we have;

A2 Jetta
A2 4dr golf
A3 GTI
New bettle

Plus our A2 GTI... this was all within 8 houses from the corner...

There are times when I've gotten home from work and parked outfront realizing
there was nothing but VW's parked here.

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
Old January 9th 05, 08:48 PM
Rob Guenther

Well, we live on a street with over 200 houses on it (boulevard) so i'll do
just the one section... 6 VW's between the two stopsigns.

1999.5 Golf TDI GLS - ours
2003 Golf CL - ours
Old A2 Golf Diesel, heavily rusted
Old A2 Jetta TD, heavily discouloured (owned by the same family, go
figure... and they aren't parts cars to each other, they both are drivers as
well as their
A3 Golf CL - I think it's their sons
Mint condition A2 Jetta, with some big rims on it

We definately have the newest and overall nicest VW's on our street. Our
town has quite a few VW's around, especially TDI Jetta's - We're a town of
30k, have a VW dealer, a VW indy garage, and a VW/Audi performance shop all
within 5 minutes of each other! Our dealer does pretty well too, apparantly
their main business is local people, no wonder there are so many dubs'
around town... They're a pretty good dealer too, nice to deal with.

Old January 9th 05, 09:33 PM
Fred Fartalot

Just one here within at least 10 miles of my house in northern Maine where I
live which is a 2003 Golf which is mine. VW's dont sell at all here except
used once in a while - nearest dealers are all at least 150 miles from here
down in Bangor or over in Quebec or New Brunswick. Most everybody here
drives rusted out Chevy trucks.
I gotta figure out a way to move south....

Fred

Old January 9th 05, 11:11 PM
SteveH

Chicago Paddling-Fishing > wrote:

> I was outside shoveling the snow off the street this morning after church,
> cleaning up the parking places a bit and was looking down the block... now,
> where I used to live, we were the only VW on the block, but on our block now
> we have;
>
> A2 Jetta
> A2 4dr golf
> A3 GTI
> New bettle
>
> Plus our A2 GTI... this was all within 8 houses from the corner...
>
> There are times when I've gotten home from work and parked outfront realizing
> there was nothing but VW's parked here.

Just my 2 here, the B5 Passat and MkI Golf Cabrio.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL
Old January 10th 05, 02:18 PM
Nathan Lucas

loads of 'em in my street here in yorkshire.

1988 scirocco (mine)
2003 polo
1999 passat turbo wiesel estate
2 golf GTis both 2001
1982 polo hatch
1992 polo (very very rusty!)

there are more that live here, but they ain't there at the moment and i
can't remember what they are

Old January 10th 05, 04:12 PM
Mike Smith

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:

> I was outside shoveling the snow off the street this morning after church,
> cleaning up the parking places a bit and was looking down the block... now,
> where I used to live, we were the only VW on the block, but on our block now
> we have;

On my block? Not too many. But among folks I know:

2x '03 Passat (one GLX, one GL)
'99 Passat GLS V6
'97(? - A3) GTI VR6
'92(?) Corrado G60
MkII Scirocco (different bits from different cars/years)
4x '9x (A3) Jetta
'8x (A2) Golf

At least two of those are his/hers pairs (Corrado/Jetta, GTI VR6/Jetta).

--
Mike Smith
Old January 10th 05, 05:55 PM
Tony Bad

"Chicago Paddling-Fishing" > wrote in message
> I was outside shoveling the snow off the street this morning after church,
> cleaning up the parking places a bit and was looking down the block...

now,
> where I used to live, we were the only VW on the block, but on our block

now
> we have;
>
> A2 Jetta
> A2 4dr golf
> A3 GTI
> New bettle
>
> Plus our A2 GTI... this was all within 8 houses from the corner...
>
> There are times when I've gotten home from work and parked outfront

realizing
> there was nothing but VW's parked here.
>
> --
> John Nelson

---

Hmmmm....1, 2, 3, ....

There are 6 right now...5 are mine and one belongs to my sister who stopped
by.
--
Tony Bad
--------------

02 Jetta Wagon
01 Eurovan MV
91 Jetta 1.6 Diesel
86 Jetta
79 Rabbit 1.5 Diesel (semi-retired for now)
Schwinn Continental 10 Speed
Radio Flyer Pedal Car (my daughter made me add this)

Old January 11th 05, 03:08 PM
Glen McLean

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 17:24:52 +0000 (UTC), Chicago Paddling-Fishing
> wrote:

>I was outside shoveling the snow off the street this morning after church,
>cleaning up the parking places a bit and was looking down the block... now,
>where I used to live, we were the only VW on the block, but on our block now
>we have;
>
>A2 Jetta
>A2 4dr golf
>A3 GTI
>New bettle
>
>Plus our A2 GTI... this was all within 8 houses from the corner...
>
>There are times when I've gotten home from work and parked outfront realizing
>there was nothing but VW's parked here.

Just my own poor, lonely 2003 GTI 1.8T I'm afraid.

When I first moved into the street there were I think 3 Jettas
including my own and maybe a Golf (plus 1 Audi).

The street is only 1 block long, dead-end, but it has gone seriously
downhill over the years, mostly Subarus, SUVs, and minivans.

Fair number in the neighbourhood though, mostly Jettas, followed by
Golfs, very few GTIs, a few Passats. The rich folk what live a few
streets away have all the Touregs. Jetta and Passat wagons (estates)
have caught on a bit here. I considered the Jetta with 1.8T before
settling on the GTI.

There is a "Pre-owned" VW dealer a couple of blocks away, and a
service garage a mile or so away specializing in keeping aging VW
clunkers running - has a good rep, fixes your auto, doesn't charge an
arm & a leg.

Three new VW dealers in Ottawa, so fairly popular. Maybe VW would sell
more if THEY WOULD BRING US THE NEW MK Vs BEFORE THE NEXT MILLENIUM!

Glen McLean - Ottawa

'87 Jetta GLI,
'97 Golf CL,
'03 GTI

(Remove the ".NIT.invalid" from the end of my address)
Old January 11th 05, 05:00 PM
CheetoDust

My '00 Jetta. My brother's '86 Vanagon. My RM's '79 Bus.
The neighbor's New Beetle. An Audi TT (if it counts).

....Sean.

Old January 12th 05, 12:05 AM
sd

In article >,
Chicago Paddling-Fishing > wrote:

> There are times when I've gotten home from work and parked outfront realizing
> there was nothing but VW's parked here.

I live right next to a neighborhood in which I used to make a game of
finding an A4 Jetta on every block (serious!). Add in the A3s and B4s
and B5s and there's quite a collection here. Helps that it's an
upper-middle-class neighborhood and that there are several private
colleges (with grad schools) nearby.

As for my own neighborhood, there's a person two blocks down with an
A4 Golf TDI, but I haven't met him/her yet.

sd