VW Winter meet, Finland

Old January 10th 11, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Default VW Winter meet, Finland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI7U2Uz7_Rc
Old January 11th 11, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Max[_4_]

On Jan 10, 12:23*pm, Jan Andersson >
wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI7U2Uz7_Rc

Very cool! Are the laps timed? It looks like just good clean drifting
for us aircooled folk.

Max
Old January 11th 11, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John J Stafford

In article >,
Jan Andersson > wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI7U2Uz7_Rc

Wow! So many ACVWs! Of course, up here in the Tropics of Minnesnowta,
the Land of 10,000 lakes, we plow roads on the lakes and commute across
them during the Winter. I guess it's no accident that so much of our
population is of Norwegian ancestry. Northerners! I tell ya!

--
jjs - Irish, French and Native American
Old January 11th 11, 05:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
LeRoy

On 11/01/2011 9:57 AM, John J Stafford wrote:
> In >,
> Jan > wrote:
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI7U2Uz7_Rc

> Wow! So many ACVWs! Of course, up here in the Tropics of Minnesnowta,
> the Land of 10,000 lakes, we plow roads on the lakes and commute across
> them during the Winter. I guess it's no accident that so much of our
> population is of Norwegian ancestry. Northerners! I tell ya!
>
> --
> jjs - Irish, French and Native American

In my home town they race motorcycles on the ice .
Sarnia ont. can..
Old January 11th 11, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
DogDiesel

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI7U2Uz7_Rc

Very nice, too see so many nice VWs , At the same time I'm glad I'm not
there. Too damn cold for me.

Old January 11th 11, 10:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
DogDiesel

Old January 12th 11, 02:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John J Stafford

In article >,
LeRoy > wrote:

> On 11/01/2011 9:57 AM, John J Stafford wrote:
> > In >,
> > Jan > wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI7U2Uz7_Rc

> > Wow! So many ACVWs! Of course, up here in the Tropics of Minnesnowta,
> > the Land of 10,000 lakes, we plow roads on the lakes and commute across
> > them during the Winter. I guess it's no accident that so much of our
> > population is of Norwegian ancestry. Northerners! I tell ya!
> >
> > --
> > jjs - Irish, French and Native American

> In my home town they race motorcycles on the ice .
> Sarnia ont. can..

Here, too. Every February we have auto and motorcycle races on the big
lake. The motorcycle races are sanctioned competitions. You get more
traction on ice with those studded tires than you can get on concrete
with modern tires. It's a very, very rough sport!