A4 Sedrvice manual update

Old December 20th 05, 09:56 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default A4 Sedrvice manual update

I have been advised that the service manual for the A4 with the 1.8T
engine had a major error... in that it failed to stipulate syntheic
oil... and that Audi had extended the warranty on this vehicle to 70K
miles... I know that this took place, but I have never received any
notification...

Can ayone out there "enlighten" me.... I'm now sitting with an A4 with
a blown engine and a $13,500 bill!!!

Old December 20th 05, 10:23 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Sogno" wrote
> Can ayone out there "enlighten" me.... I'm now sitting with an A4 with
> a blown engine and a $13,500 bill!!!

Why don't you call up Audi of America customer service? They should be able
to provide you with this information. Keep in mind, they have stipulated
rather strict rules under which they'd cover engine repair/replacement under
this extended warranty, ie. you'd have to show proof of all your oil
changes, etc.

Cheers,

Pete

Old December 20th 05, 10:33 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Sogno"

> Can ayone out there "enlighten" me.... I'm now sitting with an A4 with
> a blown engine and a $13,500 bill!!!

You'll find a copy of this notification he
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/...c;f=6;t=002547

Pete

Old December 21st 05, 03:12 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Oh man, sorry to hear that, Sogno.... What happened??

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old December 30th 05, 12:27 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

On 20 Dec 2005 12:56:52 -0800, "Sogno" > wrote:

>I have been advised that the service manual for the A4 with the 1.8T
>engine had a major error... in that it failed to stipulate syntheic
>oil... and that Audi had extended the warranty on this vehicle to 70K
>miles... I know that this took place, but I have never received any
>notification...
>
>Can ayone out there "enlighten" me.... I'm now sitting with an A4 with
>a blown engine and a $13,500 bill!!!

Synthetic oil might be the answer but others on this forum have
pointed out that under-warranty oil change intervals for the 1.8T
engine have been simply unrealistic. I bought my 2001 A4 as Audi
certified w. 36k miles showing and oil condition checked as OK on
dealer spec sheet. At 40k, had an oil sludge blockage at high speed
400 miles from home, but got it to a foreign car guy in Ohio before
major engine damage. Audi paid for his $720 repair bill plus installed
a new turbocharger, all ostensibly under that Aug. 04 extended
warranty announcement

Owner's Manual for '86 Cabriolet For Sale Rick Mons VW water cooled 0 December 1st 04 08:45 PM
Serious Bentley Manual Problems Kent VW water cooled 40 September 25th 04 04:57 AM
Shop manual price Black Bomb Corvette 1 August 11th 04 03:27 PM
Workshop manual Spider series 4 Alfaspider Alfa Romeo 0 June 17th 04 10:27 PM