GUESS WHAT?

Old April 11th 05, 06:22 PM

Jules sniped from cover:
> Like a
> child always needing to get the last word in.

You revel in irony, don't you?

> Notice I said, "wear you down" not 'win'. And he will wear you down.

By
> the geekdoom code, that means he won.

No, Jules, I "won" before I ever posted a single word on the subject.
That you feel the need to use ad hominem comments to try and salve your
bruised ego is telling.

You see, the standards for proper posting existed before you or I ever
posted a single word in usenet. I realize that this inconvenient fact
hurts you deeply, and I can't apologize for pointing it out - facts are
facts, and they don't bow to feelings.

Etiquette in all things existed before you and I first recognized the
need to follow etiquette. Like proper queue behavior, table manners,
courteous driving, etc. Or are you one of those folks who truly
doesn't follow accepted standards of behavior? If that is the case,
then this is all moot. It would imply that you are an asshole by
choice, and no amount of education will do anything to make you polite
enough for adults.

> I am amused that we all got suckered into this. It really is funny.

What hilarious is that *you* keep going on, and on, and on - as though
somehow your own comments about others don't apply to yourself.

> And I do it not to lecture but
> to point out how we carry our preset preferences around with us.

How is it rude to write "5" rather than "five"? It isn't? OK, then.
But pointing out poor grammer or speling *is* rude.

> I am walking away feeling I have a renewed sense of humour.

If that were only true. But it isn't. You are hurt because your
shortcomings have been pointed out in public, and you are pouting about
it. The facade of nonchalance is easily seen. What's worse, in the
face of evidence to the contrary that top-posting is acceptable, you
still seem to cling to your false ideas, because you know that you will
lose face if you suddenly started doing it the right way. Down deep,
you have that sinking feeling because you know I'm right, and you hate
it. That is why you feel the need to attack me personally, rather than
attempt an air-tight logical construct to prove your own point.

Oh, and hey - after a while of have a rude, lazy and selfish posting
style, folks will just killfile you or ignore your posts. Thus making
usenet sort of pointless for you. Good luck with that.

E.P. (Ignoring Jules' posts henceforth)

Old April 11th 05, 07:51 PM

JP Roberts wrote:
> Your insults only add to your status.

With you?

Who cares?

E.P.

Old April 11th 05, 08:38 PM
JP Roberts

I certainly don't anymore and that's all.

oups.com...