X5 heated washer jets??

Old December 19th 04, 07:50 PM
Rush

Default X5 heated washer jets??

Hey All,

Just a quick question, can anyone confirm that an '02 X5 with the cold
weather package has heated washer jets?

I've looked all over the internet, some places say yes, and some places say
nothing, or don't mention them.

My wife is in the car as I type, and she is having to stop every ten
minutes or so to clean the windshield as the system won't spray any longer.
Yes the resevoir is full, yes the headlights are being cleaned, and yes,
the owner's manual is with her.

Either way, it's a dangerous situation, and before I call the dealer, I
want to make sure I'm on the right sheet of paper.

Thanks all,

Rush
Old December 20th 04, 05:08 AM
fbloogyudsr

"Rush" > wrote
> Just a quick question, can anyone confirm that an '02 X5 with the cold
> weather package has heated washer jets?
>
> I've looked all over the internet, some places say yes, and some places
> say
> nothing, or don't mention them.

AFAIK, most higher-end BMWs have heated *nozzles*. My '91 E34 525i
has them, and it doesn't have the cold-weather package. My '01 330xi
with cold wx. package has them.

Possiby, it's very cold and some of the hose from the tank to the hood
has frozen.

Floyd

Old December 20th 04, 02:52 PM
Gcracker///M5

But it's easy to tell by looking for a ground coming from the hood, or
better yet, a small wire or group of wires leading into the hood. If you can
actually locate the nozzles from the underside, you should see the wires
going directly to them. Since my '87 has them, I'm going to assume that all
BMWs these days must have them as standard issue. More likely, the check
valve they include has given up the ghost by way of a clog. I replaced the
factory check valve in my car twice in one year before finally going to a
more serviceable version and installing a small inline fuel filter to stop
particles from jamming in the nozzles and valve.

Old December 20th 04, 11:36 PM
Rush

>> I've looked all over the internet, some places say yes, and some places
>> say
>> nothing, or don't mention them.

> AFAIK, most higher-end BMWs have heated *nozzles*. My '91 E34 525i
> has them, and it doesn't have the cold-weather package. My '01 330xi
> with cold wx. package has them.
>
> Possiby, it's very cold and some of the hose from the tank to the hood
> has frozen.

Hey Floyd, Thanks for replying.

Yes, of course they are working fine now, but they sat in the garage all
night. I did just get off the phone with dealer service, and she said no,
it doesn't have them. Though that is annoying.

Geebus, I will look closer at the "Cold Weather Package," next time.

Thanks,

Rush
Remove the obvious . . .

Old December 21st 04, 08:30 AM
Jan Kalin

In article >, Rush wrote:
>>> I've looked all over the internet, some places say yes, and some places
>>> say
>>> nothing, or don't mention them.

>> AFAIK, most higher-end BMWs have heated *nozzles*. My '91 E34 525i
>> has them, and it doesn't have the cold-weather package. My '01 330xi
>> with cold wx. package has them.
>>
>> Possiby, it's very cold and some of the hose from the tank to the hood
>> has frozen.

>Hey Floyd, Thanks for replying.
>
>Yes, of course they are working fine now, but they sat in the garage all
>night. I did just get off the phone with dealer service, and she said no,
>it doesn't have them. Though that is annoying.
>
>Geebus, I will look closer at the "Cold Weather Package," next time.

Just as an aside: My previous car, a 1993 Mercedes 280E, had heated
nozzles *and* fluid. In the fluid tank there was a hollow coil through
which the coolant was routed.

--
/"\ Jan Kalin (male, preferred languages: Slovene, English)
\ / http://charm.zag.si/eng/, email: "name dot surname AT zag dot si"

E39 water washer motor Lapchien BMW 2 December 14th 04 08:19 PM
E36 Heated Mirrors yvette dickerson BMW 13 October 18th 04 04:32 AM
E39 screen washer Lapchien BMW 2 October 10th 04 11:39 PM
Windshield Washer Nozzle Remove/Install Aardvark J. Bandersnatch, MP BMW 1 September 25th 04 03:51 PM
problems with my heated mirrors kenny Audi 0 August 28th 04 04:36 PM