Pictures of new A4

Old August 30th 07, 02:08 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
H.D.

Default Pictures of new A4

Is he/she not marvelous? ;-)
<http://www.audi.de/audi/de/de2/neuwagen/a4/Der_neue_Audi_A4/galerie/bildgalerie.html>

Old August 30th 07, 02:31 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

On Aug 30, 9:08 am, (H.D.) wrote:
> Is he/she not marvelous? ;-)
> <http://www.audi.de/audi/de/de2/neuwagen/a4/Der_neue_Audi_A4/galerie/b...>

You're right, it is not marvelous. It looks a 3-Series BMW meets
Hyundai Sonata. I guess I will have to see it in the flesh before I
judge. I still think the B5 A4 ('96 - '01) was the best looking. They
have gotten progressively less interesting - and more generic - since
then.

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old August 30th 07, 03:03 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Russell Lewis

Man, I love the new interior. I love the look of my B7 A4, but the B8
does look sweet, and the new frame layout is cool. I wonder what it's
weight distro will be now (with the 2.0T Quattro, the 3.2 is less fun :-P).
-Russell

Old August 30th 07, 04:10 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Russell Lewis

Oh, more info:

http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/b8-a4-first-look/

Old August 30th 07, 06:06 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mike Smith

Dano58 wrote:
> I still think the B5 A4 ('96 - '01) was the best looking.

One of the best looking sedans ever, IMO, never mind just Audis.

--
Mike Smith
Old August 30th 07, 07:09 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Robert[_1_]

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:10:24 -0400, Russell Lewis wrote:

> Oh, more info:
>
> http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/b8-a4-first-look/

Nice look. I see they went back to the single sided exhaust. Shame, I
liked the split exhaust they have now.

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!

Old August 30th 07, 08:12 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Russell Lewis

http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/cms4...0022.Image.jpg

It looks like Quattro has split, and maybe non Quattre has the 2 exhaust
on one side as shown on the audi world article.

I agree, I much prefer the split look.

-Russell

Old August 31st 07, 08:27 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie

http://www.audi.de/audi/de/de2/neuwa...erie/bildgaler
> ie.html>

What? Targeting the old and angry crowd? It even has grumpy looking
bags under its eyes.

I'm glad they finally put the gas pedal in the right place. The 2007 A4
had it behind the center console.

I like the clean dashboard but there's that instrument cluster on the
center console that looks like it was pulled from a helicopter. How
long would it take you to reset all the controls if somebody bumped into
that monster? Or worse yet, what happens when you discover that Audi's
suspension grips the road much better than their cupholders grip a
milkshake?
Old August 31st 07, 04:07 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

I did read in Car and Driver that Audi has a new turbo-diesel 4-
cylinder engine, 2.0 liter that puts out 200 hp and 295 (!) lb-ft of
torque!! Supposed to get 40 mpg in their new Q3 (BMW X3-sized)
ute....! That sounds like a GREAT engine! I'd overlook a lot of design
deficiencies to have that engine in the A4 (it is supposedly to be
available).

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA