A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Audi
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

1995 A6 2.0 Gearbox/'failsafe

Old July 31st 06, 09:15 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
external usenet poster

Default 1995 A6 2.0 Gearbox/'failsafe

Hi

I have a 1995 A6 2.0 a couple of days after driving through some water (not that deep) my Auto box has decided to go into what I believe you call failsafe mode.
Having read the old posts regarding similar problems and reading about a way to reset the electronics, could someone explain how to actually do this.
Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. I have tried disconnecting the battery, it was off the car for 5 days whilst re-charging, unfortunately this did not help.

Ads