CV boot replacement 95 Integra

Old January 12th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default CV boot replacement 95 Integra

Hello everyone,

I'm going to attempt to replace my outer CV boots soon and have a
question about removing the drive shaft. It seems that I have to remove the
damper fork bolt, the lower ball joint and the spindle nut. Is it possible to
just remove the outer half of the shaft and work on the axle with the help of
someone holding it in place, or should the entire drive shaft be removed and
then worked on? From my reading is seems that I should also get a new spring
clip and snap ring, is there anything else that I should replace as well?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Nick
Old January 12th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:14:04 -0500, Nick
> wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
> I'm going to attempt to replace my outer CV boots soon and have a
>question about removing the drive shaft. It seems that I have to remove the
>damper fork bolt, the lower ball joint and the spindle nut. Is it possible to
>just remove the outer half of the shaft and work on the axle with the help of
>someone holding it in place, or should the entire drive shaft be removed and
>then worked on? From my reading is seems that I should also get a new spring
>clip and snap ring, is there anything else that I should replace as well?
>
>Thanks for your help in advance,
>
>Nick

IMHO it is easier to pull it off if you are going to replace the boot
and work on a bench. And would you not want to replace both boots
while you have it off?

Have you got what you need to break the lower joint. That's the hard
part of the job. Go to www.tegger.com/hondafaq/ and get the scoop.