oil light coming on,on my 94 accord ex

Old December 23rd 05, 11:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default oil light coming on,on my 94 accord ex

oil light started coming on last week, no all the time though, started
by just coming on when at idle, give it the gas light goes off, so park
it or a few days, drove it again, fine for a couple days, then light
starts flashing, equal on- off flashes, turn it off for a few minutes,
light would barley come on, give it the gas light would go off, let a
sit a few hours drive it a little while, light started coming on
dim....parked since then...ok

bought new sending unit, where exactly is the unit at? found what I
thought would be it ( back of engine (left side) under distributor )
but does not look what parts store gave me, as far as nut sizes the one
on the car is small, the one I bought is big, and of course the size
wrench I need to pull it off is in my work toolbox , am I looking at
the right thing?

also just thinking, before all this started happening, I changed my oil
2 weeks prior, could it possible be a crappy fram sure-grip oil
filter...

any help would be much appreciated

Old December 24th 05, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"vrobb3" > wrote
> oil light started coming on last week, no all the time

though, started
> by just coming on when at idle, give it the gas light goes

off, so park
> it or a few days, drove it again, fine for a couple days,

then light
> starts flashing, equal on- off flashes, turn it off for a

few minutes,
> light would barley come on, give it the gas light would go

off, let a
> sit a few hours drive it a little while, light started

coming on
> dim....parked since then...ok
>
> bought new sending unit, where exactly is the unit at?

found what I
> thought would be it ( back of engine (left side) under

distributor )
> but does not look what parts store gave me, as far as nut

sizes the one
> on the car is small, the one I bought is big, and of

course the size
> wrench I need to pull it off is in my work toolbox , am I

looking at
> the right thing?

See if the drawing on the lower right of this page (for a
91-93 Accord) helps.

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m...ls/AccordManua
l/400/16-125.pdf

Autozone's free repair guide describes the location as
follows:

"On 1990-1995 Accords (except V-6) and 1988-1995 Preludes,
look for it above or below the oil filter, threaded into the
side of the engine block. On V-6 Accords, it is threaded
into the block above the oil filter next to the crank
pulley."

The Autozone procedure says to use a non-hardening sealant
blah blah on the new threads and specifies a certain torque.
I recommend reviewing it. www.autozone.com , follow the
pointers to the free repair guides yada.

> also just thinking, before all this started happening, I

changed my oil
> 2 weeks prior, could it possible be a crappy fram

sure-grip oil
> filter...

I assume the dipstick oil level checks out fine. If so, I
would not suspect the filter. I've used Fram filters before.
I can't believe it would cause this type of problem.

Old December 24th 05, 01:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

vrobb3 wrote:

> also just thinking, before all this started happening, I changed my oil
> 2 weeks prior, could it possible be a crappy fram sure-grip oil
> filter...
>
> any help would be much appreciated

id assume the oil level is ok.

id figure out exactly what sender is involved, and test that and the
wiring. any way to hook up a pressure gauge and get a totally accurate
reading?

how many miles? oil pumps do occasionally wear out.
Old December 24th 05, 05:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Similar symptoms on my 93 accord (@about 147,000 miles) turned out to be
a severely worn cam bearing.

vrobb3 wrote:
> oil light started coming on last week, no all the time though, started
> by just coming on when at idle, give it the gas light goes off, so park
> it or a few days, drove it again, fine for a couple days, then light
> starts flashing, equal on- off flashes, turn it off for a few minutes,
> light would barley come on, give it the gas light would go off, let a
> sit a few hours drive it a little while, light started coming on
> dim....parked since then...ok

90 Accord brake light switch Pete from Boston Honda 1 November 30th 05 11:06 PM
Re Accord with brake light warning light keeps coming on. Jacko Honda 3 October 28th 05 01:23 AM
99 Accord Check Engine Light [email protected] Honda 3 February 8th 05 02:14 AM
electrically stupid BDragon Corvette 32 February 6th 05 08:14 AM
Engine Light coming on Carl Borbons Saturn 5 July 17th 04 01:49 PM