Power & Glory mod for GTR2 released

Old September 19th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryP

Default Power & Glory mod for GTR2 released

I have GTL but no GTR2 so I just ordered it used from Amazon... should
have it as I seem to have every other sim known to man. I'm buying
Race07 also, really like the "feel" of it.

GP

>On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:14:30 GMT, Tony R > wrote:
>GaryP wrote:
>>> Note: You must own/insert the GTL cd during the install.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Andre

Old September 20th 07, 06:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Phil

Hi Tony,

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 17:48:38 GMT, Tony R
> wrote:

>Get it he
>
>http://www.racingfiles.net/simleague...st_release.zip
>
>This is a historical version of GT Legends running in the enhanced GTR2
>engine. Historical in that it simulates the era of 60s touring cars
>whereas GT Legends simulates the modern day FIA historic racing series
>with modern tyres and of course tracks. A number of variants of models
>are added (like a 1300cc Alfa and supercharged version as well as the
>standard GTL version).
>
>Cheers
>Tony

Thx for this Tony, d/l now I also got new comp and had gtl but didn't
want to install because of starforce.

Rgds,
Phil
Old September 20th 07, 07:37 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mr T

--->
> Thx for this Tony, d/l now I also got new comp and had gtl but didn't
> want to install because of starforce.

<---

Apparently, you have the opportunity to make a lot of money if you
install starforce. I found this on the starforce site (I wanted to
find out what it was):

"StarForce is announcing world wide contest among users of StarForce
protected applications!!!

There have been a lot of rumors in the Internet concerning DVD/CD
writers malfunction after installation and star-up of StarForce
protected applications. Some have even mentioned that should such
"malfunctioning" drive be placed in any other PC without StarForce
protection installed it will fail to work as well.

In the past year our staff and many of our clients tried restlessly to
reproduce the matter based on these rumors. Using our hardware
collection we assembled systems alike, but such problems never took
place.
Therefore, we have no proven facts of such issues and we have found
out that all of these rumors are false.

We have serious reasons to believe that such problems are pure
fiction.
However, if such problem does exist, it should be repeatable.
Therefore, just to make sure, StarForce decided to have a worldwide
contest among users of StarForce protected applications.

Anyone who can reproduce and demonstrate the mentioned above problem
with CD/DVD drive in our office will receive $10 000.00 US.

You should arrive in our office with your PC or use any of our PCs and
reproduce the problem. "

link: http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=261&id=707

Old September 20th 07, 09:01 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
MikeWhy

"Mr T" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Apparently, you have the opportunity to make a lot of money ...

> Anyone who can reproduce and demonstrate the mentioned above problem
> with CD/DVD drive in our office will receive $10 000.00 US.
>
> You should arrive in our office with your PC or use any of our PCs and
> reproduce the problem. "

It depends on what you consider "a lot of money". $10k USD barely covers the
aggravation and travel time and expense. Sure, if they offer too much, it
might motivate some to invent a problem that isn't there just to collect. If
they were really serious, they would fly their engineers out overnight, loan
me a dual quad while they figure out what they botched, *and* chum out some
cash to make it worth my while to allow their fingers anywhere near the
private and sensitive stuff that lives on every PC. Where I'm concerned, 10k
amounts to a cheesy PR gimmick. Recognize it for what it is. They're not
taking this at all seriously.

Old September 20th 07, 11:03 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Peter[_1_]

In article .com>,
says...
> --->
> > Thx for this Tony, d/l now I also got new comp and had gtl but didn't
> > want to install because of starforce.

> <---
>
> Apparently, you have the opportunity to make a lot of money if you
> install starforce. I found this on the starforce site (I wanted to
> find out what it was):
>
> "StarForce is announcing world wide contest among users of StarForce
> protected applications!!!
>
> There have been a lot of rumors in the Internet concerning DVD/CD
> writers malfunction after installation and star-up of StarForce
> protected applications. Some have even mentioned that should such
> "malfunctioning" drive be placed in any other PC without StarForce
> protection installed it will fail to work as well.
>
> In the past year our staff and many of our clients tried restlessly to
> reproduce the matter based on these rumors. Using our hardware
> collection we assembled systems alike, but such problems never took
> place.
> Therefore, we have no proven facts of such issues and we have found
> out that all of these rumors are false.
>
> We have serious reasons to believe that such problems are pure
> fiction.
> However, if such problem does exist, it should be repeatable.
> Therefore, just to make sure, StarForce decided to have a worldwide
> contest among users of StarForce protected applications.
>
> Anyone who can reproduce and demonstrate the mentioned above problem
> with CD/DVD drive in our office will receive $10 000.00 US.
>
> You should arrive in our office with your PC or use any of our PCs and
> reproduce the problem. "
>
> link:
http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=261&id=707

And how is anyone supposed to prove that Starforce buggered their
malfunctioning drive and not something else? All you're going to have
is a drive that doesn't work in your machine and their machine.
Starforce creators aren't going to want to admit it was their software
that killed it now, are they?

--
Pete Ives
Old September 21st 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Juarez

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:56:00 +0100, Andrew MacPherson wrote:

> I'm in the same position. I don't race as much as I used to, but GTL is
> still my favourite modern title. (In fact I only ever drive rFactor
> because it runs without having to find a disk). So this is a good excuse
> to pick up a cheap copy of GTR2 -- from Play.com for 12.99ukp inc.
> postage in my case -- and see how this mod feels. It sounds well worth
> investigating.
>
> Andrew McP

You can run GTR2 with no disk too as there is a crack available for the
latest version of GTR2.
Old September 21st 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Juarez

Can't I run the Cortina's etc. in season mode with this mod? I only see a
season for the IROC cars they added.
Old September 22nd 07, 05:45 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Flattop

Thank TonyR
I will buy a GTR2 looking forward to running this new one, especially
since I have has so much enjoyment out of GTL, this enhancement will
another level of enjoyment.
And I think Race07 will be the other one in the stable, very
impressed, especially since I dno't like the later cars.

thanks
Flattop [8^)

Chrysler's Glory Days [email protected] Chrysler 2 June 21st 07 01:42 AM
power and glory tango Simulators 0 April 19th 07 04:04 PM
Dust to Glory on Directv ? Useless Tech 4x4 0 September 13th 06 06:16 AM
Return to the Glory Years Dave Henrie Simulators 24 March 11th 05 03:34 PM