Race 07 demo is out.

Old September 10th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryP

Default Race 07 demo is out.

I like it, it's the 1st sim I ever just went in and started driving
without major tweaking and just felt good right off the bat.

Good job Simbin!

GP

Old September 11th 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Sep 9, 5:44 am, (Andrew
MacPherson) wrote:

> I have a feeling that there's very little potential left to be wrung out
> of the desktop experience (other than graphically).
> ...I think until we have affordable physical
> feedback, sim racing may have gone as far as it can...

What do you consider 'affordable'? And, what kind of feedback would
you expect?

Pat Dotson

Old September 11th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:27:17 -0400, GaryP >
wrote:

>I like it, it's the 1st sim I ever just went in and started driving
>without major tweaking and just felt good right off the bat.
>
>Good job Simbin!
>
>GP

Same here, I simply selected the 'G25 with shifter' option and
everything was perfect. Rfactor is a great sim but I have so many
technical problems with (mostly CTD's) it that I'm at the point of
giving it up.

I'm very enthousiatic about the demo, physics feel wonderfull and it's
simply a blast to race. The overall experience is great. I did have
quite some multiplayer problems though. One time my Seat cockpit gfx
were all messed up (very strange) and a couple of times it happened
that the cars of other players were standing still all over the place.
I didn't get any network errors or something.
Besides that, can't wait for the final version!

Cheers
Andre

Old September 11th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Juarez

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:00:06 -0400, Bob Loblaw wrote:

> AI still has a long way to go.

Agree. Believable AI has a long way to go in just about all gaming genres.
Time for the developers to learn to give us better AI instead of more
spiffy graphics.
Old September 11th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

>Same here, I simply selected the 'G25 with shifter' option and
>everything was perfect. Rfactor is a great sim but I have so many
>technical problems with (mostly CTD's) it that I'm at the point of
>giving it up.

Woops.. forgot to mention the link with Rfactor - most race sims take
to much time to tweak before everything is running perfect - with
Rfactor being the one that needs the most tweaking, especially when
you want to use a couple of different mods - it's great that Race 07
worked flawlessly right out of the box

Cheers
Andre
Old September 12th 07, 08:05 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Dave wrote:

> Okay, I dl'd the demo. Started the install. After a fair time a
> looong license agreement came up. Checked okay. More waiting.
> Then a Steam signup screen came up. I'm only looking for an offline
> experience. Is there another demo? Or a way to do this without
> signing up?

No, that is how Steam works - you need to sign up to it to enable the
product. It then checks for updates. You launch the demo by logging into
Steam and getting the list of Steam games you can play. I don't believe
there is any way around this. Although once you have initially loaded
the demo I believe you can play in an offline mode that doesn't need
internet access (i.e. you log onto Steam locally on your PC).

Hope this helps
Tony
Old September 13th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer

On Sep 11, 4:48 pm, Andre Warringa > wrote:

> I'm very enthousiatic about the demo, physics feel wonderfull and it's
> simply a blast to race.

Agreed. I thought the original RACE was complete rubbish and I had
basically written the new Simbin off entirely, but the 07 demo is
pretty awesome. I wasn't really expecting to have any decent new sims
to drive until iRacing and Blimey's Ferrari game, so Race 07 is a
pleasant surprise. Between this and Blimey's M3 Challenge I'm going
to be busy for awhile (and I'm still playing the hell out of RBR and
GTR2).

Old September 13th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ronald Stoehr

Juarez wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:00:06 -0400, Bob Loblaw wrote:
>

>> AI still has a long way to go.

> Agree. Believable AI has a long way to go in just about all gaming genres.
> Time for the developers to learn to give us better AI instead of more
> spiffy graphics.

I don't expect "life like" AI, but I was really disappointed when I saw
those silly drones do the same stupid "brake on - brake off" dance as
in rFactor. Or how they drive like Senna on the straight and like my
granny through the turns... ;(

I have respect for AI programming, but stuff like that should be
easy to fix.

l8er
ronny
Old September 13th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mookytc

On Sep 13, 12:52 pm, Ronald Stoehr > wrote:
> Juarez wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:00:06 -0400, Bob Loblaw wrote:

> >> AI still has a long way to go.

> > Agree. Believable AI has a long way to go in just about all gaming genres.
> > Time for the developers to learn to give us better AI instead of more
> > spiffy graphics.

> I don't expect "life like" AI, but I was really disappointed when I saw
> those silly drones do the same stupid "brake on - brake off" dance as
> in rFactor. Or how they drive like Senna on the straight and like my
> granny through the turns... ;(
>
> I have respect for AI programming, but stuff like that should be
> easy to fix.
>
> l8er
> ronny

Hi experienced some of the GTR 2 stutter in this demo. My machine has
way enough horse power to run the game. I did turn down shadows a bit
but it is still briefly present when in with a pack of cars. Hopefully
performance will not be an issue in the full release.

DC

Repost for new a.b.p.a. members: 2000 Dodge Ram Fiberglass-Bodied Race Truck Race Seat & Window Screen White (2005 WW@WD PROC) DSCN7928.jpg 282301 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 1st 07 01:29 PM
RACE demo help Lancelot Simulators 5 November 2nd 06 07:39 AM
RACE-DEMO IS OUT Emma Ward Simulators 6 October 28th 06 04:11 PM
GTR press demo v GTR official v2 Demo Philip Ford Simulators 4 March 31st 05 04:41 AM
GTR -> Official Demo with Press Demo Simulation files Sting32 Simulators 0 October 15th 04 05:57 AM