rFactor demo - any fix?

Old January 14th 05, 03:38 PM

> Joe,
>
> I am having the same problem as everyone else here. The Trymedia
> protection "bug" is still present after the patch. This is quite
> frustrating, as it's been well over a month since many of us have

been
> able to run rFactor. Please help! I have to wonder what the need to
> have Trymedia (Activemark) protection on this DEMO anyhow? At this
> point, it can only be causing frustration for the majority of users,
> which cannot help promote future sales of this sim (quite the

opposite
> effect actually). I understand the need to protect your investment
> against software piracy , but once again this "protection" will
> ultimately cause headaches for legitimate users, while the crooks

will
> find a way around it anyhow. And this is only a (free) DEMO we are
> talking about here, so for it to be disabled by this copy-protection
> software is even more ridiculous.
>
> Please let us know if a fix is possible/being worked on. If not, at
> least I can stop looking for rFactor updates every day! (
> Thanks again for your efforts!
>
> -Kramer

This TryMedia bug is regrettable, and I do apologise to all those
afflicted by it. Many users have reported that the patch now allows
them to play, but just as many report no improvement. We are working
with TryMedia to resolve this, but it is a slow process. Since our
primary distribution will be online, we felt that releasing an
unprotected demo would give potential hacking scum a blueprint with
which to attack our initial release. Such is the reality of online
distro for us early adopters. Thanks again for you support and
patience as we work through this, it really will be worth it. This is
one cool racing sim.

joe
image space

Old January 14th 05, 05:04 PM

Joe,

Has anyone actually reported this patch fixing the specific bug where
rFactor stops working (no error, just will not start) after a system
date change? I have seen numerous posts stating that the patch did not
fix this problem, and I have yet to see one where it did... I do
understand the need to protect your intellectual property, but I still
contend that it is often the legitimate users that get burned by these
copy protection schemes, not the scum pirates. I know rFactor will be
one cool racing sim (I WAS able to run the initial demo for about a
week), so I do hope these issues are resolved. Knowing what I now know
about Trymedia, however, I will hesitate to make the purchase if it is
still being used in the final release...
Thanks again for your help and keeping us up-to-date.

-Kramer

Old January 14th 05, 07:47 PM
fernando

Thx Joe for your prompt reply. We hope you guys get it fixed soon.

Fernando

Old January 15th 05, 12:47 PM
fernando

It's done.

www.hcd.com.au/hg/rFactorMPTest-noex.rar

Thanks a lot ISI for doing this, working so fast and at the same time so
close with the community. We know is not easy. You're the best. This
product have everything to be the most sucessfull sim-racing title we ever
saw. Keep up.