Left foot breaking uncomfortable

Old April 30th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
DerekBaker

Default Left foot breaking uncomfortable

My right foot's fine, but leaving my left foot on the brake pedal for
the fastest reactions is uncomfortable.

Me or the pedals? I'm using a Thrustmaster 360 Modena. Don't drive in
real life.

Thanks
--
Derek
Old April 30th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
DerekBaker

Default Left foot braking uncomfortable

Whoops. Not used to typing with the keyboard on my lap - Wheel is
blocking its normal place. At least that's my excuse

--
Derek
Old May 1st 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Pipboy

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:06:46 +0100, DerekBaker wrote:

> My right foot's fine, but leaving my left foot on the brake pedal for
> the fastest reactions is uncomfortable.
>
> Me or the pedals? I'm using a Thrustmaster 360 Modena. Don't drive in
> real life.
>

> Thanks

Yea, I have the same problem but I think it's because the pedals on my
Microsoft untit are too close together and are not angled the same as a
real car.
Old May 1st 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"DerekBaker" > wrote in message
> My right foot's fine, but leaving my left foot on the brake pedal for the
> fastest reactions is uncomfortable.
>
> Me or the pedals? I'm using a Thrustmaster 360 Modena. Don't drive in real
> life.

You - keep practicing.

Old May 1st 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rod[_2_]

wrote:

>My right foot's fine, but leaving my left foot on the brake pedal for
>the fastest reactions is uncomfortable.
>
>Me or the pedals? I'm using a Thrustmaster 360 Modena. Don't drive in
>real life.

I don't have those pedals but I'd say it's more likely you not
being used to it.

I left foot brake in my car due to it being a manual, if I was
used to an auto, maybe things would have been different.

Cheers,
Rod.
Old May 2nd 07, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
alexti

Rod > wrote in
:

> On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:06:46 +0100, DerekBaker >
> wrote:
>
>>My right foot's fine, but leaving my left foot on the brake pedal for
>>the fastest reactions is uncomfortable.
>>
>>Me or the pedals? I'm using a Thrustmaster 360 Modena. Don't drive in
>>real life.

> I don't have those pedals but I'd say it's more likely you not
> being used to it.

I second this opinion. Generally, if you've never left foot braked before
you first need to build up muscles to feel comfortable to keep foot in
hovering position for a long periods time.

> I left foot brake in my car due to it being a manual, if I was
> used to an auto, maybe things would have been different.

Is it a typo about left foot braking on manual or are the pedals are placed
unusually (gas on the left?) in the country where you live?

Alex.

Old May 2nd 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

It like anything else, get used to it or it feels wierd at 1st..

Most people dotn know why we're usually taught how to drive an automatic,
AND only to use one foot (usually the right) is because you have timid
little mary and or johny, that is 15 and have just hardly stoped the dribble
down thier chin, we're now gonna teach em to drive. So we Teach with the
lowest common denominator, "just concentrate on using one foot to drive..."
Oh your thinking Bull****... well, Does this sound familiar? "NO! Your
other LEFT!!!"

This keeps us from being killed as teens in the Driver's Ed car, but damn
near kills everyone else next semester, since now becausethe freaking kids
are on cellphone too busy to friggin drive... All because everything is set
so even the biggest dummy can learn and pass. LOL.

DerekBaker enlightened us with:

Old May 2nd 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
sudesh

left foot BREAKING is sure to be uncomfortable, for anybody!

"DerekBaker" > schreef in bericht

Old May 2nd 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jan Verschueren

"DerekBaker" wrote...
> My right foot's fine, but leaving my left foot on the
> brake pedal for the fastest reactions is uncomfortable.
>
> Me or the pedals? I'm using a Thrustmaster 360
> Modena. Don't drive in real life.

I can't comment on the particular ergonomics of this wheel, as I've never
used it, but I think you're missing a trick he of course you need to be
"in position" to benifit from not actually having to move your foot over to
the brakes, but you don't have to leave it there all the tine.
My technique for left foot braking is to leave my heel in position, but
rotate my foot away from the brake pedal and rest it on the base of the
pedals when I'm not going to be braking again in the next few seconds. Then
before my next brakemarker comes up I simply rotate imy foot back to
position it on the brake.

Jan.
=---

Left foot braking kllrdesire Driving 5 September 13th 06 07:53 PM
Left foot braking igor@af Driving 30 September 13th 06 12:07 PM
Left foot braking Stefanel1 Driving 2 September 11th 06 03:36 AM
Left foot braking igor@af Driving 12 January 28th 06 07:35 PM
Two Footed Driving Opinions (left foot for brake) Solicited ? Robert11 Technology 13 August 29th 05 02:28 PM