Race 07 demo is out.

Old September 14th 07, 06:07 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jeff[_37_]

Default Race 07 demo is out.

I like the demo but there is a bit of stuttering here and there. I run GTR
2 with everything maxed 4 aa 8 anis @ 1600x1050. Runs smooth as butter with
a full field. With the demo however there seems to be jerky movement to
the graphics at certain locations, hopefully this will be corected with the
retail version.

Jeff

comp specs
asus pk5
Intel quad 6600
2 gig ocz 800mhz
evga 8800 gts 320mb superclocked

ups.com...

Old September 15th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Juarez

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:38:44 -0700, Mookytc wrote:

> Hi experienced some of the GTR 2 stutter in this demo. My machine has
> way enough horse power to run the game. I did turn down shadows a bit
> but it is still briefly present when in with a pack of cars. Hopefully
> performance will not be an issue in the full release.
>
> DC

It was very smooth for me on E6850 cpu, 7900GT KO and 4gb (3.25gb usable
on XP) of ram. GTR2 and rFactor are too. I always run with vsync off too
on these sims because I used to get hitching in the corners when vsync was
on.
Old September 15th 07, 08:39 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ronald Stoehr

Mookytc wrote:
> On Sep 13, 12:52 pm, Ronald Stoehr > wrote:
>> Juarez wrote:
>>> Agree. Believable AI has a long way to go in just about all gaming genres.
>>> Time for the developers to learn to give us better AI instead of more
>>> spiffy graphics.

>> I don't expect "life like" AI, but I was really disappointed when I saw
>> those silly drones do the same stupid "brake on - brake off" dance as
>> in rFactor. Or how they drive like Senna on the straight and like my
>> granny through the turns... ;(
>>
>> I have respect for AI programming, but stuff like that should be
>> easy to fix.
>>
>> l8er
>> ronny

> Hi experienced some of the GTR 2 stutter in this demo. My machine has
> way enough horse power to run the game. I did turn down shadows a bit
> but it is still briefly present when in with a pack of cars. Hopefully
> performance will not be an issue in the full release.
>
> DC

You misunderstood. Performance is great on my system, we were talking about
the AI. If you drive behind 10 AI in both sims, they all tend to hit the brakes
for a second every other second -> brake lights on, off, on, off -> very annoying.

l8er
ronny
Old September 15th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Steve Blankenship

"Jeff" > wrote in message
>I like the demo but there is a bit of stuttering here and there. I run GTR
>2 with everything maxed 4 aa 8 anis @ 1600x1050. Runs smooth as butter
>with a full field. With the demo however there seems to be jerky movement
>to the graphics at certain locations, hopefully this will be corected with
>the retail version.
>
> Jeff

It's likely the shadows; with everything on max I was getting slideshow
action like I hadn't seen since GP2 days, this with an 8800GTX. Couldn't
believe how bad it was. Then I saw mention of the shadows issue at RSC and
turned them to low leaving everything else on full. That one change and now
it's smooth as can be at 1920x1200 with AF & AA at 16X. Dunno how they're
doing the shadows at higher levels, but they sure didn't spend much time
optimizing that bit.

SB

Old September 15th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
rqk

> You misunderstood. Performance is great on my system, we were talking about
> the AI. If you drive behind 10 AI in both sims, they all tend to hit the
> brakes
> for a second every other second -> brake lights on, off, on, off -> very
> annoying.
>
> l8er
> ronny

When I asked about this behavior in rFactor, the general consensus was
that the AI brake lights come on when they slowed down whether they hit
the brakes or not (it's not triggered by the brake). That is why you
get this insane/unrealistic looking behavior. I am guessing that it
could be the same in Race 07.

Repost for new a.b.p.a. members: 2000 Dodge Ram Fiberglass-Bodied Race Truck Race Seat & Window Screen White (2005 WW@WD PROC) DSCN7928.jpg 282301 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 1st 07 01:29 PM
RACE demo help Lancelot Simulators 5 November 2nd 06 07:39 AM
RACE-DEMO IS OUT Emma Ward Simulators 6 October 28th 06 04:11 PM
GTR press demo v GTR official v2 Demo Philip Ford Simulators 4 March 31st 05 04:41 AM
GTR -> Official Demo with Press Demo Simulation files Sting32 Simulators 0 October 15th 04 05:57 AM