Left foot breaking uncomfortable

Old May 8th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bill Worrel

Default Left foot breaking uncomfortable

"Asgeir Nesoen" > wrote in message

> You need to move your left foot away from the brake pedal, preferrably let
> it rest on a dedicated "platform", and the platform needs to be higher (in
> the actuating plane of the pedal) than your pedal so that you can just
> slide/rotate your foot to the right and land comfortably on your brake
> pedal.

This is known as a dead pedal. More pedal manufacturers should incorporate
this into their designs.

Old May 8th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jan Verschueren

"Asgeir Nesoen" wrote...
> <snip>

Thanks for repeating what I said, but making it sound scientific. ;-)

Jan.
=---

Old May 9th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Asgeir Nesoen

Lol, I didn't bother to read through the entire thread, so I read your
post after writing my own. And I thought I was the only smart guy
around, hehehehe. Well, king for a day. Or smartass for about 12 seconds.

---A---

Old May 9th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

I should stipulate that playing enough on sunday that you limp on monday,
has been done (lol).
Plowboy enlightened us with:

Old May 23rd 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer

On Apr 30, 6:06 pm, DerekBaker > wrote:
> My right foot's fine, but leaving my left foot on the brake pedal for
> the fastest reactions is uncomfortable.

I think a big problem, at least for me, is that sim pedals tend to
have poor ergonomics. I use MS wheels, which have fairly nice
consumer-level pedals, and a.) the pedals aren't close enough to heel
and toe, as I would in a real car and b.) the pedals are too close
together to comfortably LFB as I would in a gokart (or, presumably, a
semi-automatic open wheeler).

I think if I owned a set of pedals that allowed for adjustable spacing
between the throttle/brake, I'd be ok using either technique. As it
stands, neither one is particularly comfortable.

Left foot braking kllrdesire Driving 5 September 13th 06 07:53 PM
Left foot braking igor@af Driving 30 September 13th 06 12:07 PM
Left foot braking Stefanel1 Driving 2 September 11th 06 03:36 AM
Left foot braking igor@af Driving 12 January 28th 06 07:35 PM
Two Footed Driving Opinions (left foot for brake) Solicited ? Robert11 Technology 13 August 29th 05 02:28 PM